facebook

Struts 2 support

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Robert Heath

In the sales literature, you list that you have Struts 2 support. To what extent do you support Struts 2?

#313726 Reply

Robert Heath

I was able to locate the following link, which lists support for Struts:

http://www.myeclipseide.com/htmlpages-func-display-pid-444.html

How about Struts 2? What specific features are there for Struts 2?

#313781 Reply

support-swapna

bobheath,

We support Struts 2. We almost have everything that is needed for Struts 2 projects. You can create Struts 2 components using the MyEclipse Struts 2 Flow editor. You can also create Struts 2 Packages, Actions, Results and JSP/HTML web resources.

If you are looking at any other specific features, let us know.

#313791 Reply

Robert Heath

@support-swapna wrote:

bobheath,

We support Struts 2. We almost have everything that is needed for Struts 2 projects. You can create Struts 2 components using the MyEclipse Struts 2 Flow editor. You can also create Struts 2 Packages, Actions, Results and JSP/HTML web resources.

If you are looking at any other specific features, let us know.

Swapna,

When you make those assertions, it would be helpful if you would include links to supporting documentation to support your position. People who generally ask those questions are not familiar with the MyEclipse website and ask those questions to locate that information.

#313795 Reply

Robert Heath

When having to wait over 24 hours for someone to answer a pretty cut and dry question, and you get this level of answer and then you have to wait another 24 hours for the next interaction is not adequate support.

Obviously cutting labor costs by getting people in India to do support may be very attractive for the merchant, but for the customer, this level of support is not satisfactory.

#313801 Reply

Robert Heath

Since getting support on these forums is just not going to happen in a timely way, I will play the role of support too. For the uninitiated, there exists Struts (a.k.a Struts 1 or Struts Classic) which has been rendered obsolete by Struts 2. There are a bunch of MyEclipse tutorials on Struts 1, but very few if any tutorials on Struts 2, even though Struts 2 is now the current technology.

I have located a “dog and pony show” at http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-458.html which is good, but kind of crude. First of all, why can’t you guys allow us to resize the window? That should be accomplished by just changing some simple parameters on an API call, daggone it! The preselected window dimensions that the author chose does not even allow the entire width of the window to be included in the active viewable window. In order to view the whole width of the window, the user has to scroll the window back and forth. For someone restricted by a small monitor, that may not mean much, but many developers these days are not restricted by monitor real estate. We have multiple large monitors, and here in this dog and pony show we are restricted by this small dalog, and we have to engage in sliding sroll bars left and right, up and down to view the document.

Second, if this is supposed to be a tutorial, why not give us some step by step instructions on how to create actions, and results, and validators, etc? This is more marketing material than a tutorial.

I’ll keep looking. If I come up with something else regarding Struts 2, I will keep everyone abreast. If a real support person wants to jump in, feel free to do so. Again, I am looking for documentation on how to use MyEclipse Struts 2 features. My initial support request was two days ago. Since then I received one response claiming that features exist without giving any kind of reference to the documentation on how to use those features.

#313804 Reply

Robert Heath

It would seem that if the MyEclipse support team was getting a bunch of questions, that there would be an excuse for not having a responsive support team, but there aren’t any questions. So where is support? It looks like they are in India, in bed.

I would ask a question, but I know that if the answer is coming out of India, the answer is going to be trivial, meaningless, and then I have to wait another 24 hours for the response for my follow up question.

So, I am going on with my exploration of new territory without any kind of direction from this lame MyEclipse support team.

So, with this super dooper graphical tool how do I create an action, an interceptor, a result? Well, I guess I’ll try New>Action, maybe? Nope, not there. So how do I create a new action?

I know there aren’t any users here. Why would they come to this forum? Wait two days to get a stupid superficial answer from some guy in India? If you are a serious developer, you can’t do that..

So if you need support, you are going to have to wait north of three to four days for any kind of response. So the net result is that this forum is for show.

#313811 Reply

support-swapna

bobheath,

Attached is a tutorial which explains in detail about Struts 2 support.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #313818 Reply

Robert Heath

@support-swapna wrote:

bobheath,

Attached is a tutorial which explains in detail about Struts 2 support.

Swapna,

I got out of bed at 2:47 EST back here in the US because I feared that you might not give me a complete answer, which would require my waiting another 24 hours for the next support interaction iteration.

I have the following questions:

1. Did you mean to give me a link to a pdf file on how to create a blog application?
    2. Do you have a link to other pdf tutorials that are available for your customers?

#313829 Reply

Robert Heath

Oh well, I guess 2:47 was too late. 🙁

#313847 Reply

support-swapna

bobheath,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please find my comments below.

1)The tutorial briefly explains the MyEclipse Struts 2 support taking the blog application as an example. It provides details on the different Struts 2 components supported by the Struts 2 editor. It also explains the different wizards that can be used to create these compnents. Besides this it also covers the graphical and the XML editor and the different utilities supported as part of the Struts 2 feature set. The tutorial is a good starting point and it will help you to get started with the MyEclipse Struts 2 support.

2) We are working on the tutorial and some example applications. You can expect to see it soon.

#313859 Reply

Robert Heath

Is there support for the ValueStack and interceptors?

#313864 Reply

Robert Heath

The document that you recommended to be downloaded is a pdf file, which means I cannot cut and paste text from the document. Do you have a zip file with all of the source code for this tutorial?

#313867 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Bob,

You were sent a pre-release version of our Struts 2 tutorial, the final version will make it to 9.0 GA and will include a sample application as well. I’ll try and PM you the version of the sample app we have now, if that will help.

We do offer content assist support for interceptors, but no support for the value stack. Could you explain a use case where we could help with the stack – I could file that as a feature request.

#313868 Reply

Robert Heath

@Support-Brian wrote:

Bob,

You were sent a pre-release version of our Struts 2 tutorial, the final version will make it to 9.0 GA and will include a sample application as well. I’ll try and PM you the version of the sample app we have now, if that will help.

We do offer content assist support for interceptors, but no support for the value stack. Could you explain a use case where we could help with the stack – I could file that as a feature request.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Struts 2 support

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in