facebook

SubMonitor.split Error Coming in MyEclipse 2016

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

esundararajan
    Participant

Getting below error

An internal error occurred during: “Cache refresh”.
    org.eclipse.core.runtime.SubMonitor.split(I)Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/SubMonitor;

anytime an activity is done in MyEclipse 2016.

Version: 2016 Stable 1.0
    Build id: 14.0.0-20160

#501938 Reply

support-swapna

esundararajan,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please give us some more details for further investigation?

1. Have you installed any third party plugins to MyEclipse 2016 ? If yes, then please share with us the plugin and version details. MyEclipse 2016 Stable 1.0 is based on Eclipse 4.5.1. Please ensure that the plugin version is compatible and works as expected in Eclipse 4.5.1.

2. Start MyEclipse with -clean command args, switch to a new workspace and check if the issue persists.
    Here is the FAQ for starting MyEclipse with -clean : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

3. If the issue persists, then please share with us the .log file located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log for further investigation. Also let us know what exact actions/activities are being performed in MyEclipse which results in the error.

4. Please also share with us the MyEclipse Installation Details from menu MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#501962 Reply

esundararajan
    Participant

Thanks.

Yes I have 3rd party plugins installed and attached is the Installation Summay. I installed and uninstalled the all plugins and found
    org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.site – http://dist.springsource.org/snapshot/GRECLIPSE/e4.5/
    may be an issue. Removing this plugin appears to have solved the issue. I needed Groovy for my development. Which version of the plugin should I use.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #502136 Reply

support-swapna

esundararajan,

Thank you for the details.

Can you please clarify if you are installing e45 or e46 level of Groovy-Eclipse plugin in MyEclipse 2016 Stable?

There is a dependency issue in MyEclipse 2016 Stable 1.0 when installing e45 level of Groovy-Eclipse plugin which was fixed in MyEclipse 2016 CI 5. The fix will be part of the Stable stream when we release MyEclipse 2016 Stable 2.0.

I could replicate the issue you are seeing when I install e46 level of the Groovy-Eclipse plugin in MyEclipse 2016 using the update site : http://dist.springsource.org/snapshot/GRECLIPSE/e4.6/

MyEclipse 2016 is based on Eclipse 4.5.1, so e45 level of Groovy-Eclipse plugin is the compatible one. You can install MyEclipse 2016 CI to a different location alongside your existing MyEclipse 2016 Stable and check if the issue with Groovy plugin persists. You can use your current license for MyEclipse 2016 CI as well.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#502633 Reply

esundararajan
    Participant

Thanks.

I installed MyEclipse 2016 CI 7 and was able to install Groovy. So should I wait for Stable 2 to come? If so when is it expected.

#502728 Reply

support-swapna

esundararajan,

Glad that it works in MyEclipse 2016 CI stream.You can continue working with the CI stream unless you have a company policy to use only Stable releases.The CI stream receives new features and fixes frequently while the Stable stream gets less frequent updates.

With the MyEclipse 2016 CI stream, you will have access to new features and important fixes without having to wait for a Stable/GA release that could be a few months down the road.

Let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: SubMonitor.split Error Coming in MyEclipse 2016

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in