facebook

Subscription Entry

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

neilrichards
    Participant

Hi,

I am currently setting up a new pc and have installed the all-in-one download of version 8.5. I am not able to enter subscription details however, as when I either click the Subscription tab in the Configuration Center, select MyEclipse-Subscription Information from the menu, or in the MyEclipse Preferences select MyEclipse–>Subscription I get an error like this:

com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreRTException: ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined.
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.A.Ä‚(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.A.ă(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.A.ă(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.A.�(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.C.�(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.C.Ä‚(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.C.ă(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.ViperCore.getRichLicenseDescription(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.LicenseUtil.getRichLicenseDescription(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.dashboard.tab.SubscriptionTabFormPart.updateLicense(SubscriptionTabFormPart.java:130)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.dashboard.tab.SubscriptionTabFormPart.initializeFromDisk(SubscriptionTabFormPart.java:140)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.dashboard.tab.SubscriptionTabFormPart.createContents(SubscriptionTabFormPart.java:100)
        at com.genuitec.pulse.client.targetcfg.collab.ui.view.SoftwareAndWorkspaceBlueprintContent$7.widgetSelected(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1027)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1012)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:770)
        at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.setSelection(CTabFolder.java:3256)
        at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:2045)
        at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder$1.handleEvent(CTabFolder.java:323)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
        at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

Seems like this is a bug, but can someone help me to overcome this problem?

Many thanks,
    Neil

#308504 Reply

Neil,
    Can you try reinstalling using pulse? The following are the steps.
    1. Download pulse from http://www.poweredbypulse.com.
    2. Open Pulse Explorer and select “Eclipse – Galileo” from top left hand corner.
    3. Under “My Profiles”, right click on “MyEclipse 8.5” and from the context menu select “Re-install and run”
    After the profile is installed successfully, from the IDE select MyEclipse > Subscription and enter your subscription details.

Let me know if that helps.

#308518 Reply

neilrichards
    Participant

Hi Shalini,
    I’ve downloaded Pulse as suggested but when I try to install it I get the following message:

Could not find requested software [com.genuitec.pulse2.client.launcher.group]

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
    Neil

#308538 Reply

Neil,
    Can you try a fresh install of ME?
    1. Run the uninstaller
    2. Make sure the MyEclipse Install Directory has been completely removed
    2.1. Pulse Install Directory, on XP is under C:\Program Files\Genuitec
    3. Then make sure the pulse2.locator file under <USER.HOME> is erased as well.
    4. Open pulse explorer and select “Eclipse – Galileo” from top left hand corner.
    5. Select “Browse Categories” from the left pane and from the right page uder IDE select MyEclipse 8.5. Form the context menu select “Run”
    After your profile is installed, enter your subscription information.
    Let me know if that helps.

#308617 Reply

neilrichards
    Participant

Hi Shalini,

Still having problems. Have tried the above but got further errors, so decided to start again from scratch. I uninstalled MyEclipse and removed Pulse (couldn’t find an uninstall option) … and then removed all references to Pulse in the registry. I also removed the pulse2.locator file from <USER.HOME>. I then downloaded Pulse (64-bit), extracted the contents and ran the installation exe (btw I am using Windows 7 64-bit, Java version is 1.5.0_22 64-bit). When the installer gets to the ‘Resolving Install Tasks’ section, I again get the same error:

Could not find requested software [com.genuitec.pulse2.client.launcher.group]

Is it a problem with 64-bit maybe? Please let me know your suggestions.

Many thanks,
    Neil

#308667 Reply

Neil,
    Typically downloading the new Pulse installer and running it twice will recover broken Pulse Explorer installations.
    You can also try using –repair on the installer to force a clean install.
    Let me know how that works for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Subscription Entry

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in