facebook

Subversion .. Open Source Replacement for CVS

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Please consider this a vote against the ME team getting into subversion client functionality. The subclipse plugin is indeed slightly buggy, but not more so than ME. If both teams simply focused on making their own respective products more bug-free, everyone will win.

#233140 Reply

jroberts

I’d have to agree with others and say no, I’d rather see more development on hibernate + spring rather than this. Subclipse seems to be under heavy development and will soon have all the features we need.

#253339 Reply

NogaKW

Would anybody know how can one re-configure Subversion in MyEclipse to use a different username/password that is currently cached on my client machine?

The documentation says to find the cached files (config.ini, server.ini) and delete them – but I don’t see them anywhere in an auth dir under MyEclipse or anywhere else

Thank you much in advance.

#253341 Reply

@NogaKW wrote:

Subversion in MyEclipse

Thankfully, MyEclipse has no subversion-specific functionality.

#256372 Reply

suraphol

My company (with an IT department of close to 1K staff, of which a pretty big portion is developing in Java) is using Eclipse and Subversion (NOT subclipse) as company-wide standard. I and some of my colleagues are using ME and we love it.

It would be nice if ME support SVN also, and soon (I am not sure if ME works fine if I install the SVN plug-in because I don’t want to get stuck if it does not work; and have to do massive re-install again). Even if SVN may have faster release/patches cycle, as long as there is backward compatibility ME does not have to catch up with the SVN release. When more and more big companies are buying into Subversion (which seems to be a growing trend according to what their representative said) , it is a good strategic move for ME to support SVN. Sometimes we need to think outside of a developer’s usual working practice and mindset, and consider the need/support of companies.

#257183 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

Subclipse can be used together with ME without any major problems (I use this combination for more than a year now with various versions)…

#288660 Reply

richrein

The request for subversion is overwhelming. Why am I spending hours trying to integrate subversion, when that is so basic and commonly needed. Is any one looking at the request stats? Who uses CVS anymore? I can see it being legacy support, but why the absence of subversion when 8 out of 10 developers need it?

#288662 Reply

Ton Huisman

CVS is still in use, and used by many developers and companies around the globe, no reason to drop support any time soon.
    SVN support for (My)Eclipse is maintained separately from Eclipse or MyEclipse, and has a simple install procedure, so an external install (or update-site) is just fine. Adding it to the MyEclipse install just adds to the confusion, there should also be an update, right after installation of ME, as it’s developed elsewhere…

HTH
    Ton

#294736 Reply

support-joy

All,

Please refer to https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/unable-to-load-default-svn-client/#post-294735 on steps to integrate SVN in ME 7.0.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Subversion .. Open Source Replacement for CVS

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in