facebook

Support for Glassfish

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

vladchuk

Please add support for the Glassfish application server (Sun Application Server PE9).

Thanks.

#241789 Reply

Riyad Kalla

As soon as there is a stable release we will add a connector for it.

#247479 Reply

Jason Lee

Has it stabilized enough to add the connector? Is there a way for end users to add one in the meantime?

Jason Lee
    International Environmental Corporation
    Programmer/Analyst

#247482 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jason,
    I’ll ping the guys for this soon but glassfish is still in heavy development. In the mean time just use Remote DEbugging (check doc section for the howto), that is what I’m doing. We’ll get something going here soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#249335 Reply

+3

#249336 Reply
    #249340 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thanks Andy, we had a chance at Eclipse con to talk with the director of Glassfish and confirmed that the APIs are stable now and the plugin would be safe to integrate. We’ve kicked this off to management to prioritize.

#249341 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thanks Andy, we had a chance at Eclipse con to talk with the director of Glassfish and confirmed that the APIs are stable now and the plugin would be safe to integrate. We’ve kicked this off to management to prioritize.

#249549 Reply

Jason Lee

For what it’s worth, it would appear that the Remote Debugging guide will not work with recent builds. I get this when I try to start the server:

[#|2006-03-29T16:38:32.086-0600|WARNING|sun-appserver-pe9.0|javax.enterprise.system.stream.err|_ThreadID=10;
    _ThreadName=main;_RequestID=9e5b2802-d803-41bf-976a-c20bef930185;|java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/xml/ws/spi/runtime/SystemHandlerDelegate
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
    at com.sun.enterprise.webservice.WsUtil.start(WsUtil.java:283)
    at com.sun.enterprise.admin.server.core.AdminService.start(AdminService.java:352)
    at com.sun.enterprise.admin.server.core.AdminServiceLifeCycle.onStartup(AdminServiceLifeCycle.java:117)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.ApplicationServer.onStartup(ApplicationServer.java:326)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.ondemand.OnDemandServer.onStartup(OnDemandServer.java:112)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.PEMain.run(PEMain.java:326)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.PEMain.main(PEMain.java:260)
    |#]

Is that a MyEclipse issue? I can’t really tell. Looks like it may not be, based on the pacakges involved, but the only thing I’ve changed is my Glassfish installation. I may downgrade my installation and see if that helps.

#249552 Reply

Jason Lee

Hmm. I’ve downgraded all the way to b36, which I’m pretty sure worked, and I’m getting the same error. I can star the server without error from the command line, but it dies a horrible death from inside the IDE. Any hopes for official support any time soon? 🙂

#249558 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jason,
    MyEclipse has not added support for glassfish yet, so it’s not a MyEclipse issue.

Do you maybe have the glassfish plugin installed? As far as official support, probably soon after 5.0 (too much already committed for 5.0 to add another thing, but possible I suppose).

#251220 Reply

+3

#251456 Reply

+4..

#251962 Reply

Si

+1

#253705 Reply

cmagid

Any update status on glassfish connector? Thanx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Support for Glassfish

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in