facebook

Text selection not visible [Fixed]

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

rombertw
    Participant

Hi,

Running Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers on openSUSE Linux x86_64.

Version: Oxygen Release Milestone 5 (4.7.0 M5)
    Build id: 20170202-1353

When selecting text the background colour of the selection does not change, making it impossible to see what is selected. I’ve attached a small video where I type ‘aaaaa’ in the Find/Replace dialog, then select all of it and delete it. You’ll have to take my word on the selection, it’s not visible 🙂

Robert

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Aaron Lara.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #514685 Reply

support-swapna

Robert,

Thank you for the report. I could replicate the issue on Linux. I have raised a bug for the dev team to work on it. We will keep you posted about the fix schedule.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#514790 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hey Robert, is this KDE or GTK 3? … We certanly added some fixes for GTK 3 but maybe we still need some tweaks in specific linux UI environments.

#514910 Reply

rombertw
    Participant

This on Gnome 3.22.3 , GTK 3.22.8 on openSUSE Tumbleweed x86_64.

#517281 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hey guys, Happy to announce we have a fix for this issue. It will be available in our next release. Thanks for your support!

#517948 Reply

Aaron Lara

CI4 is released! Please update to get this fix 🙂 Cheers! … Bugging @rombertw with a lot of notifications, but hey 🙂 people have to know we are fixing things 😛

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Aaron Lara.
    #518675 Reply

rombertw
    Participant

Sorry @aaronlonin, but I’m still seeing this 🙁

My installation has Darkest Dark Theme 1.7.3.201703311558 and I have the same problem in the find/replace dialog and also in the search dialog.

#518723 Reply

Aaron Lara

Is there any chance you didn’t restart Eclipse after applying the update?

Asking because I just tried in My Ubuntu with Gnome and replicated the issue, then it got updated automatically to latest version of Darkest Dark and the issue persisted until I restarted.

Another question would be, is it still failing in all your instances (Gnome 3.22.3 , GTK 3.22.8 )?

#518987 Reply

rombertw
    Participant

I definitely did restart. I see this on only one of 2 machines. Some more information:

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers on Linux x86_64.
    Version: Oxygen Release Milestone 6 (4.7.0 M6)
    Build id: 20170316-1528

gnome-shell-3.24.0-1.1.x86_64
    gtk3-data-3.22.11-1.1.noarch

I reinstalled Darkest theme on the machine with the issue, but that did not solve anything.

#518988 Reply

rombertw
    Participant

In the failing installation, I have a LinkageError in the Eclipse error.log

!MESSAGE Plug-in “com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.core” was unable to instantiate class “com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.core.internal.extensions.FixComboColorsLinux”.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving overridden method “com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.core.internal.extensions.FixComboColorsLinux.weave(Lorg/objectweb/asm/tree/ClassNode;)Z” the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/loader/EquinoxClassLoader) of the current class, com/genuitec/eclipse/theming/core/internal/extensions/FixComboColorsLinux, and its superclass loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/loader/EquinoxClassLoader), have different Class objects for the type org/objectweb/asm/tree/ClassNode used in the signature

and also an entry related to licenses ( I may have installed Webclipse some time ago )

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.core 4 0 2017-04-08 23:01:02.871
    !MESSAGE Error: invalid activation-data in license file; activation is invalidated

I’ve attached the full entry from the error log to this reply.

Thanks,

Robert

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Text selection not visible [Fixed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in