facebook

Text wrap? Blank lines? Publish/export via FTP?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dking

I’m just getting running with MyEclipse. Frankly for my web development purposes it’s overkill, the JSP isn’t extensive yet though it will grow. Mainly I like the CVS integration: very easy to add files, import files, and update an entire site. I have three questions so far:

1) I can’t seem to manage to get the HTML editor to wrap a paragraph. I searched the forum and found an older entry, but it does not seem to apply. The preferences opened when right-clicking an open HTML doc (or from the preferences -> MyEclipse -> editors) does not provide the option to wrap long lines. Setting a line width just caused line returns to be entered: not what I want.

2) When I format the document, blank lines are not removed.

3) I wonder if using an external editor is the best solution? I love BBEdit for its formatting, bulk file processing, and grep-enabled search and replace. But I need to keep Eclipse on my Windows laptop. JEdit can’t be set up as an external editor, it seems, because it is a java application without a .exe file for (My)Eclipse to launch, so I haven’t played around with it much. Thoughts on best non-Microsoft products? I don’t need or particularly want a WYSIWYG editor.

Thanks,

Dennis

#226899 Reply

dking

Oh, I forgot: Can I deploy via FTP to a remote server? The help doesn’t see to indicate it’s possible.

Thanks again,

Dennis

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Text wrap? Blank lines? Publish/export via FTP?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in