facebook

The theme isn't being removed [Fixed]

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

qawsedrftgyhujikolp
    Participant

I installed the theme through the marketplace and I liked it but it slowed down my eclipse and it didn’t work out. I tried to uninstall it and it didn’t work out well the Code Editor is still themed, I thought that removing Eclipse would fix the issue but it still was there, I can’t fully remove the theme.

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by Aaron Lara.
    #513576 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing problems with Darkest Dark Theme.The Darkest Dark theme is not supposed to cause a slow down of Eclipse, sorry that it did not work for you.

1. Can you please share with us more details about the problems you faced with the Darkest Dark theme to help us investigate further and fix any issues? Please also share with us your OS and Eclipse version details.

2. Uninstalling the Darkest Dark theme should remove the color settings for code editors as well. Can you please go to Window > Preferences > General > Appearance page and check which ‘Theme’ is selected? By default, ‘Windows’ should be selected. If ‘Windows’ is already selected, then click ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ and check if the editor color settings are reset.

3. If the issue persists, then please try switching to a different theme in the Appearance page, restart Eclipse and check if it fixes the issue with the code editors.

4. If none of the above suggestions work, then please switch to a new workspace and check if the issue persists.

We are investigating the issue with code editor settings to see if we can reproduce at our end.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#513863 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

2. Uninstalling the Darkest Dark theme should remove the color settings for code editors as well.

It turns out that this statement is not true. There is a flow where by if you directly uninstall Darkest Dark, there are preferences left in the workspace from the associated Eclipse Color Theme plugin we work with. We are looking at how to change our dependency on Eclipse Color Theme though this won’t be available until CI 4.

As a workaround, you can install back Darkest Dark or Eclipse Color Theme and choose the Default theme (for the Color Theme preference page). After that, you can uninstall the theming plugin again.

#517959 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hey, CI4 is released and it contains several fixes related to preferences.
    If you don’t have Eclipse Color Theme, Darkest Dark with handle the removal of dark colors when uninstalling. Also, you don’t need ECT at all with our new Darkest Dark Preferences page in which you can choose between different editor color themes and also import ECT XML files :). Why don’t you give it a try? Cheers!

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Aaron Lara.
    • This reply was modified 7 years ago by Aaron Lara.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: The theme isn't being removed [Fixed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in