facebook

Theme breaks debugger console in MCUXpresso 10.2.1

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

madsci
    Participant

MCUXpresso is based on Eclipse Oxygen and for the most part it seems fine with Darkest Dark, but the Debugger Console view (which normally lets you interact with gdb) breaks completely. I get a bunch of errors like this:

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: “org.eclipse.ui.console”.

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.buildconsole.BuildConsolePage.propertyChange(BuildConsolePage.java:300)
    at org.eclipse.ui.console.AbstractConsole$PropertyNotifier.run(AbstractConsole.java:96)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.ui.console.AbstractConsole$PropertyNotifier.notify(AbstractConsole.java:111)
    at org.eclipse.ui.console.AbstractConsole.firePropertyChange(AbstractConsole.java:229)
    at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.buildconsole.BuildConsole.setBackground(BuildConsole.java:131)
    at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.buildconsole.BuildConsoleManager.propertyChange(BuildConsoleManager.java:335)
    at org.eclipse.ui.preferences.ScopedPreferenceStore$2.run(ScopedPreferenceStore.java:344)
    at org.eclipse.ui.preferences.ScopedPreferenceStore.firePropertyChangeEvent(ScopedPreferenceStore.java:341)
    at org.eclipse.ui.preferences.ScopedPreferenceStore.lambda$0(ScopedPreferenceStore.java:178)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences$2.run(EclipsePreferences.java:848)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.firePreferenceEvent(EclipsePreferences.java:851)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.remove(EclipsePreferences.java:958)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$StylingPreferencesHandler.resetOverriddenPreferences(PartRenderingEngine.java:1450)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$StylingPreferencesHandler.resetOverriddenPreferences(PartRenderingEngine.java:1444)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$StylingPreferencesHandler.lambda$0(PartRenderingEngine.java:1433)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:86)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4428)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4420)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.release(Display.java:3864)
    at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.dispose(Device.java:298)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:167)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1499)

After that it gets some unhandled event loop exceptions like this:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.buildconsole.BuildConsoleManager$2.run(BuildConsoleManager.java:370)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:37)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:182)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4213)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3820)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.release(Display.java:3874)
    at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.dispose(Device.java:298)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:167)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1499)

I’m not sure if either of those directly relates to the debugger console, but the errors aren’t there when I try it without the theme active.

Any ideas? I’ve really come to like the Darkest Dark theme but I do need to be able to use that console.

Thanks!

#596414 Reply

support-swapna

madsci,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with Darkest Dark. Thank you for sharing the error details.
    I see the same errors being logged at my end when I switch to using the Darkest Dark theme and the Debugger Console is just blank.

Do you also see a blank Debugger Console? If you are seeing different results, then please share with us the screenshot of the Debugger Console view to help us get a visual. I have filed a bug for the dev team to look into this problem. We will keep you posted when we have more details about what is breaking the view.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Thank you once again for reporting it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#596470 Reply

madsci
    Participant

Yes, I’m seeing a blank console – it has the ‘terminate’ button but no console text.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #596583 Reply

support-swapna

madsci,

Thank you for the screenshot.
    We will keep you posted when the fix is out. You can also track the bug status – please see the top of this post for the link.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#610443 Reply

support-swapna

madsci,

We are trying to replicate this problem again at our end but unable to.
    Can you please share with us the detailed steps right from creating the project to configuring it further to get the blank Debugger Console?

Thank you for your help.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#610636 Reply

Aaron Lara

@madsci, It would be great if you can provide step-by-step guide to configure a project and be able to replicate the errors (just displaying the console view did not do the trick). For instance I don’t know where to get the required SDK’s for a project, etc.

We have a DevStyle release coming this week but without proper information today we will not be able to include a fix this time.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#610640 Reply

madsci
    Participant

My install notes say that last time I set it up, I installed MCUX 10.3.0, Darkest Dark, Eclipse Web Developer Tools, the Overview plugin, and eclox. SDKs are obtained from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/dashboard (good luck figuring that out in a hurry if you just start at nxp.com), but here’s a ‘hello world’ project for the TWRK21F120: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlmdths9pf6u0ba/hello_world.zip?dl=0

Not sure if that still requires the SDK installed. If it doesn’t import, let me know and I’ll find the SDK archive.

Thanks,

Scott

#610643 Reply

Aaron Lara

Thank you very much! I will give it a try.

#610644 Reply

Aaron Lara

@madsci, I imported the project but I’m still unable to create a Debgger Console. It shows No MCU associated. Do you think you can spare a few minutes for a call with us so we can investigate with your setup? Let me know if you have time today and at what time is better for you.

Thanks!
    Aaron Lara

#610699 Reply

madsci
    Participant

I’m likely to be busy until late tonight. Might be able to do a call tomorrow sometime. You can reach me directly at scott@*removed* and I can try to find time to set something up.

Thanks,

Scott

#610777 Reply

Aaron Lara

Scott,

Thank you very much for your help on solving this issue over GoToMeeting! You will be happy to know we went ahead and fixed a couple more places where we noticed weird coloring (Import SDK dialog, for instance had an unreadable blue foreground in a tree). You can do help > check for updates to update your DevStyle and bring over those fixes as well :).

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Aaron Lara.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Aaron Lara.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Theme breaks debugger console in MCUXpresso 10.2.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in