facebook

Theme not working when used in target eclipse application

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tobias
    Participant

Hi,

I’m developing eclipse plugins and installed the devStyle darkest dark theme to my source eclipse (the instance I develop the plugins). When testing my plugins I have to start another instance of eclipse (from within the source eclipse). All plugins from my source eclipse are automatically available in the target instance as well – so devStyle is also available there. But after activating the darkest dark theme a lot of exceptions are thrown and logged to the console of my source eclipse and the display of eclipse is totally broken (see attached screenshot).

IDE Package: (Eclipse for Java Developers)
    IDE Version: 2019-03 (4.11)

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. install PDE (http://www.eclipse.org/pde)
    2. create new Plug-in project (choose any template)
    3. Create run-configuration for eclipse-application (use a clean workspace)
    4. run application
    5. activate devStyle in new eclipse instance

See attached log for the exceptions thrown.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #613762 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

The most likely culprit is you are not changing the start level of com.genuitec.eclipse.patches which is required to allow DevStyle to make some runtime changes to some classes during startup. Go into your Eclipse launch configuration, under Plugins, set the Launch with to ‘plugins selected below only’ to view the plugins list, search for com.genuitec.eclipse.patches and change it to start at level 2, with auto=true and then you’ll see DevStyle come up cleanly.

Cheers, Tim

#613765 Reply

support-swapna

Here is the screenshot of the Eclipse launch configuration page with the suggested changes for your reference.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #613811 Reply

Tobias
    Participant

Thanks, read that already with the startlevel, but missed the part with “autostart=true”. It’s working now 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Theme not working when used in target eclipse application

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in