facebook

There is no way to turn off " Update JSP Index "

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

Myeclipse – 3.8.2+jsp quick fix – is totally useless for editing jsps….

Thank you, that’s a very helpful report.

Can you be a little more specific about what is useless? What is the structure of your project? Is it a Web Project or Java Project? Does validation take to long? What version of Eclipse/MyEclipse are you using? How many JSPs are in your project? etc. etc. etc…

#217670 Reply

gduan01

applied 3.8.2 quickfix, did not change much. still builds 300M memory and becomes very slow after that.

was trying to refactor-rename a java file. about 500 JSP’s. changed to -vmargs -Xmx256M.

I think MyEclipse is a great product, and hopefully this bug gets fixed soon.

#217674 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you outline your project in detail (dir structure) so we can try and recretae a demo project here like it. Also please tell us what kind of refactoring you were doing.

#217764 Reply

gduan01

It is a typical web project.

java source in WebRoot/WEB-INF/src,
    jsp’s in WebRoot/pages/xxx/yyy.jsp,
    js files in WebRoot/pages/common/xxx.js
    images in WebRoot/html/images/xxx/xxx.jpg,gif,swf

using Struts,
    about 500 java files,
    about 500 JSP’s,
    about 25 jar libraries.

#217767 Reply

Riyad Kalla

And what kind of refactoring where you doing?

#217905 Reply

jimisola

@support-rkalla wrote:

Jimisola, try and remove your -data argument and just select the workspace manually when Eclipse starts up… I wonder if the -vmargs has to come before the -data argument.

I removed the -data, but I still get OutOfMemoryException. How can I verify that Eclipse got my -vmargs argument?

Do you want me to send you the .log next time it happends?
    As for now, I can’t allow MyEclipse to startup because of this problem.

/J

#217908 Reply

Riyad Kalla

If you run the MyEclipse garbage collection command from the MyEclipse menu, you should see a popup like this that will tell you how much memory is being allocated:

#218066 Reply

Riyad Kalla

<Link to QF removed, its in internal QA now, will be released shortly>

#218069 Reply

jimisola

“The topic or post does not exist”. Is the link really right?

One more thing, why don’t you have the Quick fixes so that people see them. It should not be that people should have to read through the forums to find it.
    Actually, I think you’d save in on duplicate posts on bugs then. Is it possible to get a mail when a new release incl Quick Fix is released?

My 5,
    Jimisola

#218072 Reply

Riyad Kalla

“The topic or post does not exist”. Is the link really right?

My mistake, its in our QA forum for our testers to beat on, not ready for general consumption yet. Sorry.

One more thing, why don’t you have the Quick fixes so that people see them. It should not be that people should have to read through the forums to find it.

They are not ‘official’ fixes, we provide them for people having major issues that cannot work around them, they aren’t intended to replace updates (e.g. 3.8.3). We are just trying to listen to our customer demands and meet them as quickly as we can. The side effect is that these quickfixes are not rigorously tested and beaten on like a normal update, so we don’t want every single person installign them, finding that it introduces a new major bug, and then everyone is out of service until we can time to make a NEW tested quickfix.

Actually, I think you’d save in on duplicate posts on bugs then. Is it possible to get a mail when a new release incl Quick Fix is released?

For new releases youc an subscribe to the newsletter, for quickfixes no there is no notification method. We just try and post them to the forum topics where people were having major issues and we tried to address it ASAP.

#218114 Reply

tauzero

Hi,

I’m using Eclipse 3.0.1 with MyEclipse 3.8.2 + Quickfix.

I still have the JSP reindexing problem when I Refactor|Rename a class in a project (which BTW has no JSP and does not depends on any other project). And the Java process for eclipse just take 7-8% of the CPU.

I have set MyEclipse to NOT validate JSP other files types (enabling validation is WAY too SLOW to be usefull)

How do I disable this JSP Reindexing for good?

It would also be nice to be able to interrupt the reindexing process in the Progress view. If I close the refactor box, then click on the red button to interrupt the JSP redindex process, nothing happen. If I close eclipse… It does not close! (Why the hell are you using a non-deamon thread for this?

This JSP reindexing stuff should be disabled until it stop breaking other Eclipse features!

#218117 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

How do I disable this JSP Reindexing for good?

We found one other spot where the indexer gets kicked off inappropriately and we’re internally testing another quickfix for it right now. It should be released in the next day or two at the maximum.

#218727 Reply

tauzero

Hi,

Did the patch was released? Would it be possible to have link?

Maybe it’s time for a 3.8.3 release!

#218728 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Yep it was released soon after Scott’s post: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-4498.html

#218732 Reply

Jason Hobbs
    Participant

@rpoyau wrote:

Myeclipse – 3.8.2+jsp quick fix – is totally useless for editing jsps….

Wow. I came here looking for help and I guess I need look no more. That was the most informaiton-filled and constructive post I’ve EVER read on ANY forum. EVER.

I have completed life’s journey. Come for me Dr Kevorkian.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
Reply To: There is no way to turn off " Update JSP Index "

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in