facebook

Tomcat Deployment not working anymore

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mcrossl
    Participant

ME 13.0.0.xxx working for several years with JEE/JSP and Tomcat 5.5 locally.
    But now I get a Tomcat start error.
    Tried installing Tomcat 7 – not working either…

Error – see attachment

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #472454 Reply

support-swapna

mcrossl,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please check if the server is started but isn’t detected as started?

If you are working with OS X Yosemite, there is an issue with port forwarding.
    Please check this forum topic for the solution :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/myeclipse-2015-ci-started-tomcat-is-not-recognised-yosemite/

If you are not working with OS X Yosemite , then open the MyEclipse Tomcat 7.0 server overview page by right clicking on the MyEclipse Tomcat 7.0 entry in the Servers view. Try increasing the Start time under the Timeouts section and check if the server starts.

If the issue persists, please share with us the MyEclipse Installation Details from menu MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details,the operating system and version, whether Tomcat does start but isn’t detected as started, and whether this is something that has just started happening after something changed in your setup.

Also share with us the .log file located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log for further investigation.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#472730 Reply

mcrossl
    Participant

thanks that worked. I changed the port to 8090, now it’s working.

But now I can’t deploy one of my projects.
    “The server does not support version 3.0 of the JEE Web module specification.”
    I compared with my other projects and found a difference in “Project facets/Dynamic Web Module”. There is version 3.0 installed, in the other projects 2.5.
    But I don’t know, where I can change this?

#472749 Reply

support-swapna

mcrossl,

Glad that the Tomcat issue is resolved.

You can change the Dynamic Web Module version from the project’s Project Facets page. Right click on the project > Properties > MyEclipse > Project Facets. Click on the down arrow next to the Dynamic Web Module version and change it. If the down arrow is not visible, then switch to the ‘Runtimes’ tab and uncheck the already selected runtime.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#472777 Reply

mcrossl
    Participant

thanks, that worked

#472896 Reply

support-swapna

mcrossl,

Glad that it works.
    Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Tomcat Deployment not working anymore

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in