facebook

TS editor paste sets incorrect ident

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Fedor Losev
    Participant

When pasting code into TS editor, an incorrect extra ident is set.

Example (one of many):

test() {
        const lineA = 1;
        const lineB = 2;
      }

Select whole lineB, cut and paste back (staying on the same position). Result:

test() {
        const lineA = 1;
          const lineB = 2;
      }

That means EVERY time we paste the code we need manually correct it or apply auto format, which is not convenient while editing partial code.

#536193 Reply

support-swapna

Fedor,

Thank you for the details. I could replicate the issue with indent at my end. A bug is filed for the dev team to work on it. We will keep you posted when the fix is out.

Thank you for reporting it.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#541933 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Fedor,

You’re probably already on the pre-release stream, so if you check for Webclipse updates, you should receive and update to a pre-release of CI 9 with the fix for this problem.

Given your in-depth use of our Angular tooling, we’d appreciate it if you could take the update, and let us know if it fixes this indentation issue. Do let us know if you notice any other problems with the build as well.

https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/webclipse-angular-ide-prerelease-stream/

Thanks!

#542041 Reply

Fedor Losev
    Participant

Hi Brian,

unfortunately, as I already explained in some other comment, I had to give up on pre-release stream.

There is no way to switch back quickly to the exact previous stable version if something goes prohibitively wrong in pre-release (except maintaining environment copy which is too much friction), am I right?

Correct me if I’m wrong, when I remove release stream setting, it will not return exactly to the default stable version until there is higher stable release (at least this is what I observed).

Thanks,
    Fedor

#542095 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Fedor,

To explain what the changes do, exactly – they allow Webclipse to fetch updates from a different site, but post that, once the update is found and subsequently applied, it’s as if you applied any other update. Removing that setting will only ensure that future checks go back to the primary site. From your notes, you do already know this, I’m just providing further details.

Now, unless you have explicitly disabled evergreen, you’re always on the latest stable release of Webclipse. So to go back:
    1) Un-install the pre-release form your install, from the installed software dialog
    2) Install Webclipse from marketplace

I realize this may be too many steps still, but we hope there shouldn’t be a reason to need to move off the stream. In the future, we’ll work out a better way of hopping between versions and streams too.

As always, thanks for your attention and time.

#542860 Reply

Fedor Losev
    Participant

seems fixed in CI9 prerelease

#542865 Reply

Fedor Losev
    Participant

we hope there shouldn’t be a reason to need to move off the stream

I hope too, still there is a small chance for something broken badly that will pop out at the most inappropriate and busy moment.

With an option to switch quickly to previous stable version I’d sleep better )

Strictly speaking, this problem is not specific to prerelease but applies to new releases in general, but with prelease there are more chances that something will go wrong.

#544304 Reply

support-swapna

Fedor,

Webclipse 2017 CI 9 is out with the fix for the incorrect indent problem. Please update to CI 9 and let us know how it works for you.

Appreciate your feedback.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: TS editor paste sets incorrect ident

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in