facebook

Typescript not show error on "package explorer" if file not opened

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

gorand2
    Participant

While you are fixing the basic errors of your new CodeMix product, please give me a link to the latest well working version of WebClipse. I want to try again with him. For me, the main thing is to show syntax errors and hints when writing code.

#617620 Reply

gorand2
    Participant

When will the update? Now it is impossible to use your paid program. it does not perform its main functions – it does not show errors in the code, and does not give hints when writing the code itself.

#617629 Reply

support-swapna

Gorand,

Apologies for the delay in our response. I have sent you a private message with the instructions to switch to Webclipse.
    Please check and let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#618995 Reply

gorand2
    Participant

Hellow!

I installed the old version of WebClipse but it constantly tries to upgrade to CodeMix and at the same time changes the appearance of Eclipse by changing it to a different color scheme.
    Please tell me how to refuse to check for updates and close the window with the update (see the attached picture)?
    There is no “Cancel” button in this window!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #618997 Reply

gorand2
    Participant

Please see my video: https://youtu.be/lsZn2OizdBI
    and video: https://youtu.be/C22ZJNTcoxs
    Please tell me how disable auto check update to new version and how close update window without “Cancel” button and how disable changing color scheme after started eclipse?

#619084 Reply

support-swapna

gorand2,

Apologies for the delayed response. I PMed you the instructions to fix the upgrade problem with Webclipse.
    Please check and let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#626500 Reply

gorand2
    Participant

Hellow! When will the problems when displaying errors in the TypeScript source code in your new version of CodeMix be fixed?
    Your old WebClipse system doesn’t work well, it often shows fictitious errors where they don’t exist, you constantly have to restart Eclipse, and your new system CodeMix-TypeScript does not show errors at all if you hover over them (I described this problem above). Please tell me when it is possible to wait for the main corrections of your new system so that it can be used?

#626604 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Gorand,

The issue with the error display on hover isn’t yet fixed, it was incorrectly prioritized. It is now a high priority item, our team is on it and we’ll let you know as soon as there’s an update. Apologies for the long wait.

#646748 Reply

gorand2
    Participant

Hello! I really need a license renewal for your old WebClipse. Now I can’t work! I bought a license for your new CodeMix – but it does not work, it does not show TypeScript errors on the fly, and I can not use it! Now my work is up and I can’t work! I have already sent you a many video where I showed what errors your new CodeMix gives, and here I am again posting my new video: https://youtu.be/I7pGqCPqaNk
    Please renew my license for a year for the old WebClipse!!!
    Two days ago, I wrote support-swapna – but received no response. I urgently need a license for the old WebClipse!

#646749 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Your license will be extended in couple of hours. Sorry for the delay.
    We released a new version of CodeMix. Can you please check if you are still seeing the validation issues with the new release, CI 2020.3.3? Go to Help > Check for Updates to take the update.

Apologies for the delay.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#646761 Reply

gorand2
    Participant

I shot my video “https://youtu.be/I7pGqCPqaNk” an hour ago – on your new version of CodeMix. But for a year now I can’t use your new version due to the fact that it does not fulfill the basic function of the code editor – error display on editor!
    I very need license for you old WebClipse for year – I already payed license CodeMix

#646798 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are still seeing the reported issues. Thank you for the video. We are looking into the issue right now.
    I have sent you the new license details as PM. Please check and let us know if you see any issues with the activation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#667427 Reply

gorand2
    Participant

Hellow!
    The new version of “CodeMix TypeScript” keeps getting bugs!
    Especially for tests, windows10 I installed an empty latest Eclipse 2020-09 on Java 15 and recorded a video of how I install the latest version of CodeMix from scratch on it
    watch my video: https://youtu.be/C1wtS4tV2Ck
    After I recorded the video, I installed the update “http://downloads.genuitec.com/downloads/codemix/2020-09-compatibility/” – but all these errors remained the same after the update
    Here are the errors I saw during the first 10 minutes of testing (watch my video)
    1) after installing your CodeMix on a clean eclipse and trying to open *.ts files “CodeMix engine – preparing” hangs. It hangs for a few minutes, after which it gives an error and offers to restart the “CodeMix engine” (watch my video)
    2) if the code contains an error in the type, then this error is not displayed even if you click “Validate”. That is, you can see only parsing errors or field errors in objects, but not errors in their types. When clicking “Validate” or “Build” such errors are not visible. These errors are visible only if you open this file in an editor.
    3) If you click “Save All” in the TypeScript file, then eclipse shows a useless dialog in which you are prompted to select which files to save, but all the files have already been saved and the dialog is either completely empty or shows one file. This is useless dialogue, and it gets in the way. I always click the “Save All” button and never click the “Save this file only” button
    4) In Eclipse, the native “Build All” button does nothing in TypeScript projects. It would be better if clicking on it did “Validate” as it did in your old WebClipse. And now if you need to do “Validate” you have to open any TypeScript file and there already select
    5) If you do not enable “online Watch” in the project, then no errors are visible in other files at all, in some files no errors are visible even if you click “Validate”
    6) “Validate” works for a very long time, “Compile” works even longer. How can you disable “Compile / Build” but at the same time for “Validate” to correctly show all errors in all files?

It is currently not possible to use your CodeMix product, especially due to the empty dialog when saving all changed files.
    Please fix this dialog and other errors as soon as possible, and I will try again using CodeMix.

#667460 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the video and the detailed feedback.

The issue with ‘Save All’ is a known one and we already have a bug filed for the dev team to work on it. We will keep you posted when the fix is out.
    Regarding the errors being reported only when the file is opened, CodeMix supports two validation modes : in-editor validation and project validation. Please refer to this doc for more details on how these modes work : https://www.genuitec.com/docs/assembly/build-pipelines/

About the engine hang issue, are you seeing it only the first time post installing CodeMix on clean Eclipse? Does the engine connect fine on subsequent restarts of the IDE? I ran few tests on clean Eclipse but couldn’t replicate the hang issue.

If you can replicate it consistently, then please add these debug flags to the config.ini file which is located in the Eclipse installation directory/configuration folder and save the file.

com.genuitec.eclipse.engine.log=true
    com.genuitec.eclipse.engine.log.verbose=true

Restart the IDE and replicate the engine hang. This will generate engine communication logs in the /.codemix folder located in your user home dir. Please share the file generated in the .codemix folder along with the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log for further investigation. For .log, rename the extension to .txt and attach it here.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Typescript not show error on "package explorer" if file not opened

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in