facebook

Typescript not show error on "package explorer" if file not opened

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

gorand2
    Participant

Hellow!

If not open TypeScript file – package explorer not show error on this file.
    See my video: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4iGz/5NGnR6gq9
    It is necessary that errors are always shown on “Package Explorer”.

I installed only TypeScript code mix – see attachement image

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #616435 Reply

support-swapna

gorand2,

You can use build pipelines to configure the project validation.
    Please see this document for more details : https://www.genuitec.com/docs/assembly/build-pipelines

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#616437 Reply

gorand2
    Participant

Specify exactly what and where I need to include? (see my picture)

my file vscode\tasks.json
    {
    “version”: “2.0.0”,
    “tasks”: [
    {
    “type”: “typescript”,
    “tsconfig”: “${workspaceFolder}/tsconfig.json”,
    “problemMatcher”: [
    “$tsc”
    ],
    “codemix”: {
    “lifecycle”: “build”,
    “validatedExtensions”: [
    “ts”
    ],
    “readyChecks”: [
    “node_modules_ready”
    ]
    }
    },
    {
    “type”: “typescript”,
    “tsconfig”: “${workspaceFolder}/tsconfig.json”,
    “option”: “watch”,
    “problemMatcher”: [
    “$tsc-watch”
    ],
    “codemix”: {
    “lifecycle”: “watch”,
    “validatedExtensions”: [
    “ts”
    ],
    “readyChecks”: [
    “node_modules_ready”
    ]
    }
    }
    ]
    }

Attachments:
    #616441 Reply

support-swapna

gorand2,

Can you please select the project in the Explorer view, go to menu Project > Start Watching with CodeMix. Click on ‘Start Watching with CodeMix’ and you should see the errors being reported in the explorer view even if the files are not opened in the editor area.

Alternatively, you can also click on the build icon in the editor area to start watching the project as mentioned in the Project Validation section of the document I shared.

Let us know how this works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#616507 Reply

gorand2
    Participant

Hellow!

If you turn on ‘Start Watching with CodeMix’ then the errors are not shown until you open the file, but if you recompile the whole project, the errors are not shown again.
    Watch my video: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2ZeR/oVgSQDB5r
    Errors should always be visible and not only when I open the file.

#616523 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Gorand,

You’re right – errors should always be visible when the project is being watched. We did have a look at the video, and I can’t be sure the watch process is running.

When the project is being watched, you should be seeing build output in the Terminal+ view for that project. If you open the Terminal+ view with the project selected, do you see any processes running and errors being reported? I do see that you are starting and stopping the watch from the menu. However, for accurate status reporting (since it doesn’t appear to be working), can you turn on the build panel in the editor temporarily? If you hover over it, it should tell you what is going on / wrong.

Also, I’m assuming you are using the tasks.json and the settings as shown in your last screenshot?

#616541 Reply

gorand2
    Participant

Hellow!
    I read your answers through the translator, and do not fully understand what you want me to do.
    Please write in more specific steps what I need to do to help you deal with this problem.
    I write a new video: https://youtu.be/hr2bBEyYIoI
    Log file attached.
    but did not understand what I should do with Terminal + and what window with errors should be shown.
    If you can show me in pictures what I need to do.

Attachments:
    #616628 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Gorand,

Sorry you’re having a hard time understanding our instructions. You’re not seeing the validation you expect, because the build pipeline/tasks have not been correctly set up, and they do not appear to be running.

If you can tell me what type of project you’d like to ultimately work with (Angular, only TypeScript as in your examples, Node, etc.), I can create a tasks file for you along with step-by-step instructions to follow.

#616827 Reply

gorand2
    Participant

Brian Fernandes,
    I need a project only for TypeScript, I can do it without actually compiling the code, I only need syntax checking and hints for variables and types

#616972 Reply

gorand2
    Participant

Brian Fernandes,
    Please help me!

#616977 Reply

support-swapna

Gorand,

Apologies for the delayed response.

1. Please find the attached tasks.json. You may have already done this, but reconfirming to see if the tasks.json is the placed inside the project’s .vscode folder.

2. Your project is missing the node_modules folder. Watching feature will not work without a node_modules folder in the project. Please run npm install for the project from the Terminal+ view to create the node_modules folder.

3. In the Linting and Validation page for the project, please select ‘Always watch for changes when this IDE is running’ as highlighted in the attached screenshot. Your project will be watched as long as the IDE is running.

4. When a watch is turned on a project, you will see a watch tab running in the Terminal+ view for that project and that tab reports any errors in the file as well. Please see the attached screenshot for your reference.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how the above steps work for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    #616992 Reply

gorand2
    Participant

Hellow!

1) already exists file /.vscode/tasks.json
    2) command “npm install” do nothing
    3) ‘Always watch for changes when this IDE is running’ – is turned on

I runned command “npm install” from Terminal+ but nothing if not exists dir “node_modules” – steel not exists, if I self make dir “node_modules” – after “npm install” this dir is empty.
    see my video: https://youtu.be/NQUCci3X8Uw
    Please help me! How fill directory “node_modules” ?

#617000 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Gorand,

Can you tell us how you created the TypeScript project? If the node_modules folder is not being created when running npm install, perhaps there is something wrong with your package.json, or did you create that manually as well? Without a node_modules folder with ts-node and typescript dependencies actually installed.

My suggestions:

1) Create a project using: File > New > Project > CodeMix > TypeScript Project
    2) This will create a proper TypeScript project with the right dependencies in package.json.
    3) Run npm install for this project – you should get the node_modules folder with nearly 20 modules in it.
    4) Move your source files / tasks, etc. to this project and follow the same instructions on this project.

Hope this helps.

#617031 Reply

gorand2
    Participant

Brian Fernandes,
    I tried to use the project from your old WebClipse Typescript – in which there were already created configuration files. It’s bad that your system does not define it and does not auto convert the old project under the new requirements.
    Now I created a new project “CodeMix -> TypeScript Project” and there I managed to create and fill in the folder “Node_modules” but again there was a problem with the display of errors in the code. Not only that when you hover the mouse over the code with an error there is no pop-up window describing this error, so if you change the code and click “Save”, then the red wavy line showing the error in the code disappears.
    Watch my video: https://youtu.be/JZ6HeuXJT3E
    Please check your code and correct show error the behavior of your system as soon as possible. Without displaying errors, it makes no sense to use your system.

Attachments:
    #617102 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Gorand,

Thank you for the reports and the videos, let me address your issues:

1) Hover over squiggly (wavy line) not showing the error. We can easily replicate this issue and we’re attempting to fix this in our next relesse.
    2) Squiggly line disappears on save. This happens only if the project is being watched, and it appears to be a regression in the current version of CodeMix. We are investigating this problem right now.
    3) Webclipse TypeScript to CodeMix migration
    You’re right, the optimal solution here would be for it to just work out of the box as it did before. However, the TS capabilities that Webclipse had were very limited, and we were unable to continue upgrading it to support recent TS versions (I believe it stopped at 2.x). For building and validation, we’ve realized that the same tools you use for production would ultimately be the best experience and this is what the build pipeline support gives you, with much more accurate error reporting than would be possible with Webclipse. Given the number of project structures out there – it was not possible to add pipeline tasks that would work for all cases. We also found that a significant number of users do not care about such functionality either, which is why we have left it to the users to re-enable this if they want.

I see that you do have validation working in all files now, even after the clean, and the build-pipeline support is working for you. We are working on the issues around the squiggly lines and will let you know when fixed. Your reports have been very helpful in improving this feature.

Please let us know if you have any other problems.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Typescript not show error on "package explorer" if file not opened

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in