facebook

Ubuntu AngulaIDE install error

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

batizovce
    Participant

I have tied to install Angular IDE downloaded from page https://www.genuitec.com/products/angular-ide/download
    During running script post.js I received ERROR Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, chmod
    I install like sudo. Please find attachmed screen and whole log.
    I found some older topics, but I didnt find relevant info there, E.g. https://github.com/angular/angular/issues/13935

j@Dell-ntb:~$ npm -v
    j@Dell-ntb:~$ nodejs -v
    v12.14.1

I didnt find any installation notes, readme or other, only following lines in download page:
    > npm install -g angular-ide
    > ngide install ~/Development/angular-ide
    > ngide open Foo.ts

Please provide some tips, what can cause mentioned error.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #638344 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the screenshot.
    It looks like a problem with permissions.

Are you running any antivirus or firewall in your machine?

I suggest you install a node version manager as it can help you to prevent a lot of problems regarding permissions, for more info see here. As you are running Linux, the version manager that you probably want to use is nvm.

Alternatively, you can download the standalone installer for Angular IDE instead of using npm to install it.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how you get on with it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#638348 Reply

batizovce
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for answer. I added log from install.
    From my previous post and screen you can see I already used nvm manager. Then I received mentioned error. Error caused post.js scipt, which is part of installer.

You mentioned standalone installer. Please provide link for linux, because I found only installer with name “angularide-ci-2019.12.11-offline-installer-linux.run”, which cause error.

Thanks for any recommendation.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by batizovce.
    #638370 Reply

Hi batizovce,

From what i can see from the screenshots, it is still using the system’s node version.
    It is recommended to use nvm as it facilitates managing multiple node versions + you no longer depend of sudo in order to install node module globally.
    For more info on how to set up nvm, see here.
    The other option of course is to run the command with sudo like: sudo npm install -g angular-ide

Cheers,
    Sal

#639553 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Apologies for the delayed response, your post was somehow missed. Rather than debug the EPERM issue which could be specific to your particular environment, I would suggest you use the dedicated installer to install Angular IDE instead of the npm based install.

Please go ahead and use the button on top of the download page to download an executable installer for Linux and use that to install the Angular IDE.

If you still experience issues with the installation, please let us know.

#639647 Reply

Brian Fernandes

You mentioned standalone installer. Please provide link for linux, because I found only installer with name “angularide-ci-2019.12.11-offline-installer-linux.run”, which cause error.

Missed your response where you specified you already tried the installer and experience an error. Could you please give us more details on what went wrong? Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Ubuntu AngulaIDE install error

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in