facebook

UML2 Components & Component Diagrams.

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

larryflood

When I create a component by using the diagram palette, that component appears in the outline view and in the diagram.

I can drag that component in the outline to another package in the outline view and the diagram reference will be updated accordingly.
      I cannot use that component in another diagram by dragging the component from the outline view to the new diagram. An exception is thrown: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.topcased.modeler.uml.componentdiagram.edit.ComponentDiagramEditPart cannot be cast to com.genuitec.eclipse.modeling.core.layout.uml2.IYFilesUMLDiagramEditPart

Additionally, I can create a component in the outline view via the pop-up menu. However, I cannot drag this into any component diagrams. It throws the same exception.

A “+” sign appears on the lower right of the mouse icon which indicates the manuver is correct.

What am I missing? Is there another way to reuse components?

Thank You.

#312427 Reply

larryflood,

Can you give us some more information?

1) Installation details. You can find it under Help > About MyEclipse.
    2) Can you send in detailed steps on how you are trying to reuse the components along with the screen shots? You can use the PM at the end to send it.
    3) Clear the .log file which is at <workspace dir>/.metadata folder. Try to now drag the component and check for any exceptions specific to the UML component in the .log file.

#312686 Reply

larryflood

This message has not been recovered.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: UML2 Components & Component Diagrams.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in