facebook

*.umldi editor unable to locate related *.uml file

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

MyEclipse version: Build id: 8.6.1-Blue-20101117

Created [fileName].umldi and [fileName].uml in [projectName]/docs/uml folder. Made a number of additions, updates, etc. over a two week period. Created Java Class diagram containing numerous packages, classes, data types, etc. in support of Sequence Diagram. For some reason when I attempted to open [fileName].umldi today, I received the following error message:

org.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: Model file [projectName]/[fileName].uml could not be located

The uml file is still located in the [projectName]/docs/uml folder as it always has been. The *.umldi editor is looking for the associated *.uml file in the project’s root folder for some reason. If I copy the *.uml file to the project’s root folder the *.umldi editor locates the *.uml file but is unable to save the *.umldi file. Is there a way to re-associate an existing *.uml file with a *.umldi file? This seems to happen after running out of handlers in the *.umldi editor. Any thots on your part would be most helpful.

Stack trace available upon request.

#314822 Reply

support-joy

galstuk,

Can you please provide below details –
    1. Can you copy and paste your installation details. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details
    2. Clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue and copy and paste the stack trace here
    3. You mention you have made a number of additions and updates. Can you please elaborate more

#314837 Reply

Galstuk,
    The UML2 editor should work fine when you have the two files (.uml and .umldi) files in the same location. Do you recall moving the file(s) (especially the .umldi file) to a different location before you came across this issue? After facing the issue, you mentioned that you moved the .uml file to the project root folder. Did you try moving the .umldi file too and then opening the editor? In addition, can you please check the error log for any errors.

#314840 Reply

For support-joy; a stack trace:
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2011-02-28 13:37:43.114
    !MESSAGE Unable to create editor ID com.genuitec.eclipse.uml2.ui.editors.MEUMLEditor: Model file /[ProjectName]/LandingPages.uml could not be located
    !STACK 1
    org.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: Model file /FAFSAProd/LandingPages.uml could not be located
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.uml2.ui.editors.MEUML2Editor.init(MEUML2Editor.java:86)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(EditorManager.java:798)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:644)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:462)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:313)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:180)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:270)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:473)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1256)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:1209)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1608)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:499)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:103)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:485)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:112)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSashContainer.addEditor(EditorSashContainer.java:63)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addToLayout(EditorAreaHelper.java:225)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:213)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.java:778)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(EditorManager.java:677)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:638)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2854)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2762)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$11(WorkbenchPage.java:2754)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$10.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2705)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2701)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2685)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2676)
    at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:651)
    at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:610)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:361)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:168)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:229)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:208)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.dispatchRun(SelectionDispatchAction.java:274)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.run(SelectionDispatchAction.java:250)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerActionGroup.handleOpen(PackageExplorerActionGroup.java:373)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerPart$4.open(PackageExplorerPart.java:526)
    at org.eclipse.ui.OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper$InternalListener.open(OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper.java:48)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:842)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:888)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:48)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:840)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1101)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1205)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:264)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:258)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:298)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2011-02-28 13:37:43.114
    !MESSAGE Model file /[ProjectName]/LandingPages.uml could not be located

#314841 Reply

For support-joy; installation details:

*** Date:
    Monday, February 28, 2011 1:38:50 PM CST

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsVista
    OS version=6.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Blue Edition
    Version: 8.6.1 Blue
    Build id: 8.6.1-Blue-20101117

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Blue Edition

Version: 8.6.1 Blue
    Build id: 8.6.1-Blue-20101117

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.5.2.R35x_v20100210-0800-9hEiFzmFst-TiEn9hNYgDWg1XN8ulH_JvCNGB
    Build id: M20100211-1343

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.5.2.r352_v20100108-7r88FEwFI0WTuoBl0iaG0tyhfZH6

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.5.2.R35x_v20100119-7Z7_FA2FDX-aXQYWqYDBz-z0qufo

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework GEF

Version: 3.5.2.v20100111-1352-777928194B66D5D476C33B2A
    Build id: 201001111753

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.5.2.R35x_v20100119-9SA0FxwFnoCU5XxWItFdXXb27BA6

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Users\bakeda\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse\myeclipse-blue.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse-blue
    –launcher.library
    C:\Users\bakeda\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    C:\Users\bakeda\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -install
    C:/Users/bakeda/AppData/Local/Genuitec/MyEclipse
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:/Users/bakeda/AppData/Local/Genuitec/Common/binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll

To this I’ll also add the vmargs:

-vmargs
    -Xmx512m
    -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
    -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m

#314842 Reply

In answer to support-joy’s question about additions/updates: See my original posting. I created a Java Class diagram and a Sequence Diagram based on the classes, interfaces, etc. in the class diagram. This took me over two weeks and I’m not quite done. There were ONLY additions/updates to the UML diagrams and NOT to MyEclipse plugins during this two week period.

By cc to support-neeraj: I did not move any of the files before the error occurred. The error message is telling me that the *.umldi editor can’t find the *.uml file in a location it never occupied. What I’m seeing is that the *.umldi editor somehow lost the reference to the *.uml file in the /[ProjectName]/docs/uml folder and is looking in a default location; the /[ProjectName]/ folder. I copied the *.uml file to the project root folder and the *.umldi editor found the file and opened up without incident. The trouble now, is when trying to save the *.umldi file, there’s another error:

Invalid URL “platform:/LandingPages.uml”.

So now, I’m unable to make any more changes or updates to my diagrams until I get this file reference mess cleared up. Please be advised that the files in the /[ProjectName]/docs/uml/ folder are under version control with Subversion and moving files around between folders is really not an acceptable option.

#314988 Reply

The link between the two files appears to be maintained in [userWorkspace]\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.ui.workbench\workbench.xml. In my case, the file contained the following entries:

<file factoryID=”org.eclipse.ui.part.FileEditorInputFactory” id=”com.genuitec.eclipse.uml2.ui.editors.MEUMLEditor” name=”SessionMgmt.umldi” tooltip=”[projectName]/SessionMgmt.umldi”>
    <persistable path=”/[projectName]/SessionMgmt.umldi”/>
    </file>
    <file factoryID=”org.eclipse.ui.part.FileEditorInputFactory” id=”com.genuitec.eclipse.uml2.ui.editors.MEUMLEditor” name=”SessionMgmt.umldi” tooltip=”[projectName]/docs/uml/SessionMgmt.umldi”>
    <persistable path=”/[projectName]/docs/uml/SessionMgmt.umldi”/>
    </file>
    <file factoryID=”org.eclipse.ui.part.FileEditorInputFactory” id=”org.eclipse.uml2.uml.editor.presentation.UMLEditorID” name=”SessionMgmt.uml” tooltip=”[projectName]/docs/uml/SessionMgmt.uml”>
    <persistable path=”/[projectName]/docs/uml/SessionMgmt.uml”/>
    </file>

It would appear that the file became corrupted during a save. I removed the first entry and the *.umldi file can now find the *.uml file just like before. However, I’m still getting the

Invalid URL “platform:/LandingPages.uml”.

error when saving. It appears that saves are working but the error message is annoying.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: *.umldi editor unable to locate related *.uml file

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in