facebook

Unable to debug javascript

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

support-swapna

Created this topic for user as his post is not accessible at this link: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/unable-to-debug-javascript/
    ————————————————————————————————————
    When I go to the “Debug Configurations” screen I get the following: The JavaScript debugger is only available in Windows 32, Linux, and Mac OS X.
    I don’t believe this is correct. I’ve provided my installation settings below from which I don’t see anything regarding 32-bit. I got the instructions to enable JS debugging from the tutorial on Genuitec web site.
    *** Date: Thursday, May 28, 2015 3:49:30 PM Central Daylight Time
    *** Platform Details:
    *** System properties:
    awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
    com.genuitec.pulse.delivery.mpc.include.default=true
    com.genuitec.pulse.delivery.mpc.include.from.extension.points=true
    com.genuitec.pulse.delivery.mpc.include.patterns=^http://marketplace.eclipse.org.*
    com.genuitec.pulse.profile.install.directory=C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse
    eclipse.commands=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86_64
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.i18n.win32.win32.x86_64_3.2.0.v201103301700\eclipse_3215.dll
    -startup
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar
    -exitdata
    2744_64
    -install
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse\binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_64_1.6.0.u43/bin/javaw.exe
    eclipse.home.location=file:/C:/Program Files/Genuitec/MyEclipse/
    eclipse.launcher=C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse\myeclipse.exe
    eclipse.launcher.name=Myeclipse
    eclipse.p2.data.area=@config.dir/../p2/
    eclipse.p2.profile=com.genuitec.delivery.package.profile.me-pro-11-ea
    eclipse.product=com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide
    eclipse.startTime=1432838175572
    eclipse.vm=C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse\binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_64_1.6.0.u43/bin/javaw.exe
    eclipse.vmargs=-Xmx512m
    -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
    -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m
    -Dosgi.nls.warnings=ignore
    -jar
    C:\PROGRA~1\Genuitec\MYECLI~1\plugins/OR47CC~1.JAR

#392117 Reply

support-swapna

brucesanders63,

The JavaScript debugger is available in 32 bit version of MyEclipse installed on Windows 32 and 64 bit.64-bit version of MyEclipse installed on Windows 64 bit does not support JavaScript debugging.

The current JavaScript debugger is available only on Windows 32-bit and Linux 32- and 64-bit. The debugger also runs on OS X 32-bit Carbon in MyEclipse 2014 and earlier. However, because MyEclipse 2015 is supported only on 64-bit Cocoa, the debugger is not available for OS X in MyEclipse 2015.The team is working on a new JavaScript debugger that is available for all three OSs but it will be a couple of months before it is available in the MyEclipse CI stream – most likely in MyEclipse 2015 CI 14.

From the MyEclipse Configuration information you sent :

-arch
    x86_64

means you are running a MyEclipse 64 bit version on Windows and so the message you are seeing during the JS Debug is correct.

You can install a 32 bit version of MyEclipse alongside your existing MyEclipse 64 bit installation and check if the JS Debugger works fine. You need to delete the MyEclipse entry from ‘C:\Users\\.deliverycenter.installs’ file ,rerun the MyEclipse installer, choose the 32 bit option and follow the wizard to install another copy.

Let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Unable to debug javascript

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in