facebook

Unable to install egit plugin

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

abhihandoo
    Participant

Hi Team,

I am unable to install egit plugin on myeclipse 8.5.I tried with the archive zip of egit plugin to install it. After adding it and then clicking apply changes button the installation never ends.I tried it from my home network as well as office network to check if some proxy issue might hinder it for the same. Please help!

Thanks,
    Abhimanu Handoo

#578264 Reply

abhihandoo
    Participant

Hi Team,

During installation I am getting error screen stating below 2 things
    1. An internal error has occurred during: “Accessing information”.
    2. update error

Thanks,
    Abhimanu Handoo

#578271 Reply

support-swapna

Abhimanu,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

As a workaround, you can try the Dropins method to install the plugin. Shutdown MyEclipse 8.x.
    Extract the downloaded archived zip file, copy the plugins and features folders to the dropins folder of the MyEclipse 8.5 installation directory. If you already have plugins and features folders created in the dropins folder, then just copy all the contents from the plugins folder and the features folder of the extracted zip file into the plugins and features folder of the dropins folder. Restart MyEclipse 8.5 and you will see a prompt about the plugin being installed successfully.

Please note that versions earlier than MyEclipse 2016 are no longer fully supported. We try and assist licensed users working with older releases but no fixes will be made to those releases.

MyEclipse 8.x is quite an old release and is not a stable one. The MyEclipse Configuration Center is also discontinued so you might see problems installing plugins from the Configuration Center. The newer versions of MyEclipse support latest tooling in the development space including Angular and TypeScript and it has significant performance upgrades as well. I strongly recommend you update to the latest MyEclipse 2017 version. The license you currently hold is valid for the latest releases as well.

You can download the latest 2017 installer from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/
    Install 2017 alongside your existing MyEclipse 8.5 release to a different location and give it a try.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#578281 Reply

abhihandoo
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I tried to copy the plugins and features folders to the dropins folder of the MyEclipse 8.5 installation directory however after restart it is giving error stating ”
    Failure Activating Drop-ins”

Thanks,
    Abhimanu Handoo

#578282 Reply

support-swapna

Abhimanu,

Can you please share your MyEclipse license details to help us verify your license? Please ‘PM’ me the license details by clicking on support-swapna and then click ‘Private Message’.

Please share with us the full name of the plugin’s archived zip file and send us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log for further investigation.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Unable to install egit plugin

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in