facebook

Unable to install maven plugin for myeclipse10

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

myecilspe
    Participant

Hi,

I went to the configuration center and checked the support for maven. I clicked apply this change and it basically isn’t applying the change. We have a 65 user license.

#456463 Reply

myecilspe
    Participant

Not only maven, i think i’m unable to install anything from the configuration center

#456514 Reply

support-swapna

myecilspe,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Versions earlier than MyEclipse 2014 are no longer fully supported.
    We try and assist licensed users working with earlier versions but no fixes will be made to those versions.

MyEclipse 10.7.1 is quite an old version, about 4-5 years old. I strongly recommend you move to the latest release of MyEclipse to take advantage of the several fixes and enhancements made to the IDE in the past couple of years.

Your current license is valid for the latest MyEclipse release too as our licenses are time based and not version based.You can download the latest MyEclipse 2015 installer from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/

MyEclipse 2015 is a unified product. Users no longer need to download separate installers for Blue/Bling/Spring versions.The features are available depending on the license applied.

If you have constraints moving to the latest MyEclipse, please PM us your license details to help us verify our support.

Also please share with us some more details :

1. The steps you are following to add the Maven plugin.
    2. Are you behind a firewall or proxy?
    3. Please share with us the .log file located at /.metadata/.log for further investigation.
    4. Please also share with us the MyEclipse Installation Details from menu MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#456548 Reply

Brian Fernandes

As suggested earlier, I would recommend upgrading to MyEclipse 2015. The Maven support (along with all other features) has been significantly improved since MyEclipse version 10.x. Using 2015 will also allow us to provide better support across our features. In addition, with 2015, all our Maven support is available at the Standard license level (which you are at now), and your current license does allow you to use 2015.

In MyEclipse 10.x, some parts of the Maven functionality required a Professional license, so even if you did install it, some features such as new project creation with Maven support would remain unavailable. If you cannot move to 2015 and must stick with 10.x, do answer the questions Swapna asked in her earlier response and we will investigate further. Please let us know the Build Id of the MyEclipse 10 version you are using by (you can get this from the About dialog at Help > About).

#456574 Reply

myecilspe
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the replies. I am currently downloading the myeclipse 2015 stable build.

How do i check if i am behind firewall? We have McAfee installed

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by myecilspe. Reason: added files
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #456626 Reply

myecilspe
    Participant

Where is the .\metadata folder exist to get you the log file? Can you please provide a full path?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by myecilspe.
    #456629 Reply

myecilspe
    Participant

I’ve installed the clearcase plugin but unable to checkout because of the below error and without it the latest version does not help me at all

CRVAP0240E Invocation of propertyReport (StpExResource.doReadProperties) on cq.repo.cq-record:16777224/33674119@7.1/DIS threw an unexpected exception: .
    ; nested exception is:
    javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints
    java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints
    Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints

#456761 Reply

support-swapna

myecilspe,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

The .metadata folder is located in your workspace directory. We do not provide intrinsic support for third party plugins, but we will surely assist you in resolving this issue with ClearCase plugin.

1. Can you please clarify if you have installed the version of ClearCase plugin that is compatible with Eclipse Luna 4.4 which is the base for MyEclipse 2015 Stable 2.0?

2. Please share with us the exact version of JDK you are working with. Also share with us the .log file located at /.metadata/.log for further investigation.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Unable to install maven plugin for myeclipse10

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in