facebook

Unable to load .ts files in my angular projects

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sbelt
    Participant

I have a project which I had set aside for a couple months (meaning there may have been updates to Eclipse which I do not recall). I am not able to open any .ts file in the editor; when I double-click, for example, app.module.ts I get the attached error. It also happens if I create a new Typescript file when the editor attempts to open. It happens on any project.

I do not know where to begin to look for a solution. Can someone provide me direction?

(BTW – The error is hilighted only because I was copying the text for a google search)

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #533862 Reply

support-swapna

sbelt,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. We could not replicate the problem at our end.
    Webclipse and AngularIDE automatically gets updated.

1. Can you please verify if you are working with the latest version of Webclipse or AngularIDE? Go to Window > Preferences > Webclipse page and check if the build id is the latest i.e 1.8.3.2017070518336.

2. Please check if the issue persists in a new workspace as well. If the .ts files loads fine in the new workspace, then try importing the old projects and check if the .ts files in those projects load fine.

3. If the issue persists, then please share with us the OS version details and the Eclipse version details. Also share with us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log for further investigation.

4. Please share with us the contents of the project’s package.json as well.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#534079 Reply

sbelt
    Participant

Sorry for the delay in this response – I am juggling projects and trying to address this issue between tasks.

1. Is there a typo in this version number? Mine is 1.8.3.201707051836 (note the single ‘3’; so I have …1836, not …18336). Help -> Webclipse -> check for updates says ‘No Updates Found’.

2. I have created a new workspace called ‘workspace-angular’, and in it, a new project called ‘ClientPortal4’ (DID NOT use the ‘SB Admin’ template). When I attempt to load main.ts I get the same error. I will attach the log which shows creating the project and the error. (I was not sure what you needed, so I am including the full log).

3. Eclipse is Version: Neon.3 Release (4.6.3), Build id: 20170314-1500. OS is Windows10 Version 1703, OS Build 15063.540.

4. The package.json is the one auto generated when I use the new -> Angular Project (again NOT using the SB Admin template). I will attach it to this message.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #534227 Reply

support-swapna

sbelt,

Thank you for the log file and the details. The version number you are working with is right and is the latest. The extra ‘3’ is a typo.I have filed a bug for the dev team to look into the problem you are seeing with ts files. We will get back to you soon.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#534232 Reply

Brian Fernandes

sbelt,

Just one sanity check – have you modified the version of Node on the TypeScript preference page? This is the page at Window > Preferences > TypeScript. What Node executable is referenced there?

#534240 Reply

sbelt
    Participant

I have no recollection of this setting-panel, but none the less, here is the value defined there:

C:\Users\Steve Belt\.webclipse\nodejs\node-v4.2.4-win32-x86_64\node.exe

I noticed in the .webclipse\nodejs\ directory there was also 7.8.0 and 7.10.0; I tried both of these versions of nodejs.exe as well and still g0t the error. I have returned this version back to node-v4.2.4-win32-x86_64.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by sbelt.
    #537986 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Steve,

We’ve recently released CI8, which may have fixed this. Could you please ensure you’re on the CI 8 release (it would normally be applied automatically, so you probably have it though you can check under Window->Preferences->Webclipse) and then check if you still see the issue?

Please let us know.

#538015 Reply

sbelt
    Participant

I have already installed a new copy of Eclipse, then re-installed Webclipse; so, I overcame the issue – without ever finding how the issue occurred – before your latest software-release. FWIW – I can confirm that the new version does not re-introduce the issue.

You can close this thread.

#538023 Reply

Brian Fernandes

sbelt,

Thank you for the quick response and confirmation! It looks like there may have been some installation corruption in your first install, something which we failed to notice from the details provided.

Glad the update fixes your issues and apologies for the inconvenience caused!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Unable to load .ts files in my angular projects

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in