facebook

Unable to resolve hosts with REST inspector

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wleck
    Participant

No matter what URL I enter, I get an error message stating “Error in sending request to server – Couldn’t resolve host. This is true regardless if it’s an IP or FQDN.

I am on a Mac with Yosemite. Also note that there is a discrepancy between what I have versus what is show in the introduction pages. I don’t have the additional parameters box that is show there. Noting this for informational purposes.

#430973 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

wleck,

I’m sorry you’re seeing this issue. I could use Rest Inspect OK on Yosemite with Tomcat 8. Can you provide more details:

• The server you’re using.
    • A screenshot of the problem in Rest Inspect, also showing a URL you’re trying.
    • The build number of the Webclipse tools (Eclipse->Preferences->Webclipse).
    • A sample project, if it’s project related

Regarding the documentation problem, could you please link to the Web page that you’re referring to?

#452232 Reply

wleck
    Participant

My apologies for taking so long to respond. I’ve been extremely busy, and haven’t had a chance to respond to this.

So the webserver is running on SLES 11 SP3 using Jetty. I do not own or develop against the web server. I just need to consume its services so changing to another webserver is not possible. Additionally, I can reach the server and consume its services using Postman and SoapUI with no issues, so it’s not a web server issue anyways.

My Webclipse is running on a Mac with Yosemite. I have attached a screen shot of the error.

I am unable to get the build number. There is no Webclipse option in the Preferences dialog for Eclipse, and the option to get to preferences from Webclipse is greyed out. Note that this came with the recent upgrade of MyEclipse 2015 to CI14

I would like to use this tool; but as mentioned I can reach the Web Services using Postman and SoapUI.

HTH and Thanks,
    Bill

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #452271 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

wleck,

Thanks for the extra information. I didn’t know that you were using an actual IP address and I can replicate the problem when using the dot notation. I will raise a bug for this.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting it.

By the way, the Webclipse preference page is available from the eclipse workbench, not the REST Inspect window, which doesn’t have preferences, currently (hence the grayed out menu item).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Unable to resolve hosts with REST inspector

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in