facebook

Unreadable Text

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rbehwal
    Participant

The description or information regarding the method, datatype or keyword which can be usually seen by hovering the cursor over the text is unreadable.
    the description text is black on black background except for the links which are in blue.
    the issue can be seen in the screenshot attached.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by rbehwal. Reason: Attached another file
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #616047 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello @rbehwal! I’m sorry you are having that issue. It looks like some color preference is being taken over from the one DevStyle sets (confirmed I do see text correctly in javacode). It’s known that sometimes oomph preferences recorder sometimes takes over some color preferences. Can you try removing all org.eclipse.oomph* directories from your <home>/.eclipse/ directory and restart?

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#616068 Reply

rbehwal
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response.

I am new to working with eclipse and don’t want to delete a folder which may cause a problem in working on eclipse. Just to be on a safe side I am attaching the files which I could find with the “org.eclipse.oomph” name. So could you tell me which ones to delete?

I am a complete beginner so I apologize if this seems unnecessary.

Attachments:
    #616083 Reply

rbehwal
    Participant

Thanks, it is fixed now.
    I deleted all the org.eclipse.oomph from <home>/.eclipse. It still did not fix the issue.
    Then I opened eclipse, went to (Window->Appereance->color and font theme) and changed it to default from the classic theme which was previously selected. This seems to fix the issue.

But should the changing of the color an font theme effect cause this problem? Is this a bug or just unadvisable to do so?

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Unreadable Text

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in