facebook

Upcoming Feature Set

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Eclipse News
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jcorbin4607

Hi Guys,

I am curious if the next release of the 2.x branch is going to provide any new functionality or is it the same feature set as the product has today with the only difference being that it is a release version.

The reason I ask is because I cannot tell from the roadmap what your delivery schedule really is or what new functionality is going to be released and when.

TIA,
    J.D.

#203323 Reply

Riyad Kalla

J.D.

The 2.7 GA release (next one) will be done in a couple of weeks. While we focused mainly on stability and completness the ME team ended up implementing a lot of “polish” into this version and some of that polish is new functionality that helps to make certain things easier/smoother to do.

The 2.8 release (few months off) will contain new features all around and improved editors. I can’t say exactly what but Scott/Michael would be in a better position to comment on that. I’ll send this up to them to see if they have any comments.

We appreciate your interest in the product.

#203351 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

J.D.,

Let me just add that the product management folks are putting together a much simpler (and updated 🙂 roadmap that should be available next week.

#203356 Reply

Glad to hear this Scott! Thanks for the update!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Upcoming Feature Set

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in