facebook

Update db where link table used for one to many relationship

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DIS

I have a small test application built that uses link tables for one to many relationship. The User object can have many roles so jpa builds the following:

private Set<UserApplicationrole> userApplicationroles = new HashSet<UserApplicationrole>(0);

When run, the application User objects appear to have this ‘set’ populated correctly. The problem comes when I try to change the users role. Say the initial role is guest and the new role is admin. I remove the guest UserApplicationrole from the above ‘set’ and add a admin UserApplicationrole to the userApplicationroles ‘set’. When I update using

EntityManagerHelper.beginTransaction();
                updatedUser = new UserDAO().update(user);
                EntityManagerHelper.commit();

The db has the new admin role but the old guest role was not removed. Remember I removed the guest role from the userApplicationroles set. I must be missing something basic but can’t figure out what it is.

This behavior is the same with toplink and hibernate. I have other issues with hibernate. I think it is a pilot error but don’t know for sure. Is there a sample app that uses link table for one to many that might show me the way IF my mistake is not obvious.

Any help is appreciated.

I’m running…
    fedora: 2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686
    MyEclipse Version: 8.0M2 installed using pulse

#305180 Reply

DIS

I can identify the deleted role(s) and call

new UserApplicationroleDAO().delete(userApprole);

myself. I just thought these orm tools would do this for me. I wrote the code to to this and it is working. Anyone know if this is the way it should be done?

#305202 Reply

DIS,
    Can you share your project with us. You can send a mail to support@genuitec.com and attach your project. Please add ATTN:Shalini in the subject and refer to this post.
    Also, send us the scripts of the tables you are using.

#305218 Reply

DIS

Shalini,

Just wanted to let you know I sent the project. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Chuck

#305231 Reply

Chuck,
    I have received you files
    I shall get back to you soon

#305463 Reply

DIS

This message has not been recovered.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Update db where link table used for one to many relationship

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in