facebook

Updating base Eclipse

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bushidobrown
    Participant

I just successfully updated our sdc hub to the 2021 newest version and want to update our Eclipses to the 2020 version. Last time I updated our Eclipse to Photon(4.8) I did it through the Admin Console on the Eclipse IDE Package in the Software tab with Eclipse 4.8.0 Standard. Unfortunately even with the newest installer I only see 4.8 as the most current version. Is there a way to have our base Eclipse be a 2020 version?

#672051 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

I’m glad to hear you were able to upgrade to the latest version of SDC. Regarding this issue. Could you share a couple of screenshots on how your package looks like under the software tab? Or could you describe the step by step on how you are trying this? Once you promoted your change, are you building installers?

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#672052 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

How I updated our Eclipse Packages last time(from 4.6 neon to 4.8 Photon) was I updated the sdc hub/admin console. I opened the Admin Console, went to the Eclipse IDE Packages on the left, then clicked on my package I wanted to upgrade. On my package page I click the Software tab, then on Eclipse IDE Package Frame I edit the Available package version: and changed it to 4.8 from 4.6, then committed it then promoted it. But on the newest Admin Console there is no version past 4.8. I attached a screenshot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #672055 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

What you describe is the right flow to follow. You don’t get the newest versions of Eclipse because you have to install the latest Eclipse Discovery pack. In the following link you can read more about how to install Software Packs: https://www.genuitec.com/docs/sdc/packages/getting-additional-software-packs Once you have installed the Eclipse Discovery Pack version that you would like to upgrade you can follow the same flow you describe. Installing packs can take a good amount of time, since these Software Packs are big files that will be downloaded and installed on your SDC.

Let us know how that works for you.

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#672108 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

Yes that adds the packs as expected! I was trying to update to 2020-09 Eclipse but run into issues about our java versions. We currently use java 1.8 but it the ide package says it needs java 11. I try the 2020-06 version and it seems to update just fine. Is the 2020-09 version completely incompatible with the older javas or is there a workaround?

#672109 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Yes this Java compatibility issue is a thing of Eclipse itself, the workaround you can have is to also install a Java 11 Software pack (now using openjdk) and add that software to your package definition. This will install also the proper Java version to run the 2020-09 Eclipse.

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Updating base Eclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in