facebook

Updating model from java without losing diagrams

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

KnightFire
    Participant

Hi,
    I have some Java code, and have managed to generate UML diagrams. When I update the code, I want to be able to update the UML model, and then the associated diagrams, however I cant see an option to ‘refresh’ or regenerate the UML model from the code, without deleting both the model and the diagrams (which I dont want to do, as I have spent considerable effort on the diagrams).

How do I update the model from the code, so I can then update the diagrams from the model?

#313996 Reply

support-swapna

KnightFire,

Can you please copy paste your installation details here from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details?

The DND (Drag and Drop) feature in MyEclipse supports merging. You can make changes in Java files, and drop the same in the diagram, the changes made will get merged with the existing diagram elements.

Let us know how it works for you.

#314011 Reply

KnightFire
    Participant

I will paste my installation details below.

I am not really sure what I should be dragging, and on to where. I have tried dragging the .java file from the project explorer in the left pane, to the UML class diagram in the main pane, but it does not update the model.

*** Date:
    Thursday, 27 January 2011 17:32:15 o’clock GMT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsVista
    OS version=6.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 8.6.1
    Build id: 8.6.1-20101117

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 8.6.1
    Build id: 8.6.1-20101117

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\MyEclipse-8.6\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\MyEclipse-8.6\../Users/KnightFire/AppData/Local/Genuitec/Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    C:\MyEclipse-8.6\../Users/KnightFire/AppData/Local/Genuitec/Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -install
    C:/MyEclipse-8.6
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:/Users/KnightFire/AppData/Local/Genuitec/Common/binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll

#314045 Reply

KnightFire,
    The DND from package explorer operation should generate/merge the class diagram/model artifacts. For instance, if you add a new Java class to the project and drop the same in the Class diagram editor, a new class will get generated for the same. Similarly, if you add/remove the properties/operations in the Java class and drop the same, the changes will be merged with the existing class in the diagram/model.
    It would help, if you could provide us more details on – the existing contents of the Class diagram, the changes that you have made in the Java files before the DND operation. Also can you please check the error log for any errors.

#314116 Reply

KnightFire
    Participant

Thanks, I got it working, I wasn’t using the package explorer (I was using navigator instead).

#314135 Reply

support-swapna

KnightFire,

Glad that it is working.
    Let us know if you have any other issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Updating model from java without losing diagrams

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in