facebook

Upgrading from JavaEE6 to JavaEE8

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hahagal
    Participant

Hi,

Our source codes are build and compiled using JavaEE6 platform in Version: 10.0 Blue
    Build id: 10.0-Blue-20111028.

We are in the midst upgrading from WebSphere Application Server Express V8.0 which support JavaEE6 to WebSphere Application Server Base V9.0 which support JavaEE8.

I have downloaded and installed Version: 2017 Stable 1.0 Build id: 15.0.0-20170329. How can I migrate our source codes from JavaEE6 to JavaEE8?

—–
    hahagal

#537205 Reply

support-swapna

hahagal,

Here are the steps to upgrade the JDK version of your project :

1. Right click on the project > Properties > Java Build Path > Libraries tab and select your ‘JRE System Library’ and click the “Edit” button. Assuming you have the latest JRE installed, you should be able to change the “Execution environment” there. If not, go to “Alternate JRE:” and click the “Installed JREs…” button.

2. In the project’s Properties > Java Compiler, set the Compliance level to JDK 1.8.

3. Go to the Project Facets page and set the Java facet to 1.8. Switch to the Runtimes tab and select Websphere 9 from the list. Attached is the screenshot of the Project Facets page for your reference.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you see any issues with the project upgrade.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #537331 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

My project is an enterprise EAR. I have to repeat the same steps for EJB and Web projects? See attached screenshot.

—-
    hahagal

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #537512 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Haghal,

The steps mentioned by Swapna would have to be repeated for all projects which you need to change from Java 6 to Java 8. If you are asking about more than just the level of the Java compiler (there are many differences in the technologies encompassed by Java EE 8, when compared to Java EE 6), I’m afraid we don’t provide any assistance with this as it is more a development issue. For further help on switching between Java EE levels, you could try external development forums such as StackOverflow.

I hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Upgrading from JavaEE6 to JavaEE8

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in