facebook

upgrading myeclipse versions (2.6.2 to 2.7)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Tom Dvorak

i’m currently using version 2.6.2.
    i noticed 2.7 is available
    is there a easy way to upgrade myeclipse version via the ide?
    if not, what should i do?

#202564 Reply

Riyad Kalla

There is a super-easy way to do this:
    Help->Software Updates->New Updates

you should see a MyEclipse update listed (probably version 2.6.200?) tha’s the one you want. 2.6.200 == 2.7RC2

#202569 Reply

Tom Dvorak

Myeclipse was not one of my selectable options when i did a help-software updates-new updates.

It only listed eclipse as one of the things to update, not myeclipse.

#202573 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Woops, yes I’m sorry I forgot to tell you how to setup the update target first, THEN the update manager will pickup the updates for you. So here do this first:

Please follow the guide here:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=5&categories=Installation+and+Updates&parent_id=4#15

The section I believe you are interested in is the 2nd set of numbered steps.

#202583 Reply

Tom Dvorak

I followed the steps below exactly. I got through everything until step 6. However the “update was not displayed”. The Feature Search Results payne was empty, and there was no Button that enabled me to tell Elicpse to “process it”.

To upgrade using the Eclipse Update Manager, perform the following steps after launching MyEclipse

1. Open the Install/Update Perspective
    2. In the Feature Updates View, click Available Updates
    3. In the Preview view, expand Query Settings
    4. Unselect everything except com.genuitec.myeclipse.enterprise
    5. Select Search Now
    6. The update should be displayed.
    7. Select it and tell Eclipse to process it.
    8. After it is downloaded, restart when prompted.

#202589 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thank you for following up, we will look into revising the upgrade doc if necessary.

#203493 Reply

Geoff Brown

I got the same problem. I’m a registered user and I have MyEclipse 2.6.2, which is working just fine. I use the Update manager, check only “com.genuitec.myeclipse_enterprise_2_6_200” in query settings. In scope settings, the only option that is checked is “Only include features applicable to this environment”. When I hit the “Search Now” button, nothing happens.
    I’m not sure if it’s relevant but I notice that in the “Feature Updates” panel, the “Sites to Visit” folder is empty. Should the MyEclipse site be in there?

#203494 Reply

Riyad Kalla

It should be listed in the “Available Updates” section per the link about.

What happens when you just do a Help>Updates>New Updates?

#203499 Reply

Geoff Brown

Thanks for your quick reply.

When I selected Help > Software Updates > New Updates, I got this message: “There are no new updates for the installed features. Note that the settings in the Preferences (Install/Update page) affect the Search results.”

Would you explain what you mean when you said: “It should be listed in the “Available Updates” section per the link about.”

#203501 Reply

Riyad Kalla

yes sorry, go here:
    Help > Software Updates > Update Manager

Look on the bottom left under “Feature Updates” there is a node “Available Updates”, you should add a new a bookmark to it, following the guide above, that points to MyEclipse. Then the update manager will check that link when pulling down updates.

#203510 Reply

Geoff Brown

Getting closer….

I didn’t find the bookmark instructions in the installation guidelines ( http://www.myeclipseide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=5&categories=Installation+and+Updates&parent_id=4#15 ). I found the bookmark instructions by searching the forums. See https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/install-succeeded-with-errors-closed/&highlight=bookmark. Maybe you should modify the instructions.

In the feature updates window I added this bookmark:
    Name=MyEclipse
    Address=http://www.myeclipseide.com/products/eworkbench/updates/
    Update site=true

I hope that Address is correct. I think it is correct because I was able to drill down into the bookmark to see some feature updates for MyEclipse Enterprise WorkBench 2.6.200.

Now I go the Available Updates panel, check only “com.genuitec.myeclipse_enterprise_2_6_200” in query settings. In scope settings, I checked “Search BookMarked sites” and “Only include features applicable to this environment”. When I hit the “Search Now” button, the search comes back empty.

BTW, I’m running Eclipse 2.1.2, JDK 1.4.2, and Windows XP.

#203511 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm you are right that is missing from the documentation, thank you for the info.

Ok I have a question, I don’t see the string “com.genuitec.myeclipse_enterprise_2_6_200”, I see the string “com.genuitec.myeclipse_enterprise_2.6.200” is this what you see? In which case, this IS the most recent release of MyEclipse. The 2.6.200 release isn’t 2.6.2, its 2.7RC2. We have to name Beta and RC releases using numbers < the final GA release number. So in order for our 2.7 GA release to be “com.genuitec.myeclipse_enterprise_2.7.000”, we have to use increments of 2.6.x series as our RC releases so the auto-updated picks up those versions and downloads them for people.

You can also verify this by clicking Help>About and clicking the MyEclipse logo button. You will then see a list of plugins from Genuitec with 2.6.200 as their version, and down in the bottom of the screen it will say something about the “RC1” release. The RC2 release missed fixing that label (so it still said RC1). Is this what you see?

#203517 Reply

Geoff Brown

Case closed. Yes, I am using the latest RC1 release ( com.genuitec.myeclipse.enterprise_2.6.200 ). As you suggest, because I was confused about the MyEclipse versioning system, I didn’t know that I had the latest release. Maybe you should also add your version comments to the installation instructions.

Thanks for your patience.

#203525 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Yes again, very good suggestion 🙂

Sorry for so much trouble due to miscommunication.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: upgrading myeclipse versions (2.6.2 to 2.7)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in