facebook

Version: CI 2018.8.0 – startup problems

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Stanleek
    Participant

Everytime first start of MyEclipse of the day is displaying restart confirm dialog. If I close IDE and strat it again it is not displayed. But if I will come next day to the work, I will start the IDE, this confirm dialog appears. One thing I changed is color of highliaghted row in debug mode. I have to set it every day, it is not remembered. Also it can not remember DO NOT DISPLAY DASHBOARD ON STARTUP. I will see it on every launch.

I have the feeling, that new version in slower then old one. If I am running debug mode, making next step, it is very slowly according to old version.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #597363 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Stan,

The recurring restart dialog is a known issue that has affected a subset of our users, we’ve also been able to reproduce and fix a problem with the Dashboard preference not being respected. Both these fixes will be in an update to 2018 that we should be releasing shortly.

We were unable to reproduce the problem with the highlight row not being retained, could you let us know what theme you were using? You could let us have the theme short-code (on the DevStyle > Color Themes preference page).

Finally, the new version should certainly not be slower than the last version (which I’m assuming is 2017 in your case), if anything, it should be faster. Can you tell me what sort of project you’re debugging and what language you’re stepping through? Unsure if Java or other.

Thanks!

#597488 Reply

Stanleek
    Participant

I am attaching img about theme.

The project which I am debugging is in Java. In prev. version 2017 it is faster. Maybe it is by theme. Where can I switch back to light theme? But I thing that it won’t be problem with Intel i7-5820K CPU and 48GB RAM

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #597596 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Stan,

You shouldn’t be experiencing these delays due to the theme, but to go back to the default, you can go to Windows > Preferences > General > Appearance and change the theme to Classic – you could also just disable theming.

Another thing to keep in mind is that MyEclipse 2018 ships and runs with Java 10 by default – based on your project configuration, you may now be using Java 10 to run and debug your applications, and this may be making a difference. This might be worth checking out.

Are there no other changes to your environment other than MyEclipse? If you still experience delays, we’d definitely like to investigate this further.

#597647 Reply

bidorbuy
    Participant

I have the same problem (the DevStyle theme restart loop). Is there any workaround for now, or what theme can I fall back to where this does not occur.

#597654 Reply

Brian Fernandes

We’re working on putting out an update today that should resolve this problem. Will update this thread when that update is publicly available.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

#597702 Reply

bidorbuy
    Participant

Thank you for the update. This fixes the restart issue.

#597703 Reply

support-swapna

Stan,

The recurring restart dialog problem and the Dashboard preference setting not being respected are both fixed in our latest update CI 2018.9.0 which is out today. Please update from Help > Check for Updates and let us know how it works for you.

bidorbuy,

Glad that the restart problem is fixed. Thank you for getting back to us.
    Let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Version: CI 2018.8.0 – startup problems

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in