facebook

web application deployment

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hsheng

Hello again,

Just upgraded to MyEclipse 3.8.4 trail and trying to create my first war file for my web project.

My web project has one dependent Java project. I want this dependent java project be packed into a jar file and be built into the /WEB-INF/lib folder of the war file. I am happy that I got everything built into the war file, no more, no less. Only that the jar file for the dependent java project does not have the “.jar” suffix!

What have I missed in my environment setting?
    Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Harry

#226950 Reply

hsheng

Or I cannot have a dot “.” in my dependent java project name ?

#226951 Reply

hsheng

Created a dummy java project without the “.” in its name, let my web project depends on it. Recreate the war file for the web project. The jar file for this dummy project has the “.jar” suffix, the other (its project name is pdi.server) still miss the “.jar” suffix.

Looks like the “.” in the project name caused the problem. I’ll keep this in my mind.

#227324 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

The reason this is the case is that when the deployer finds a project that already has a suffix in the name (ie. pdi.server) it assumes that you named it precisely as you want it referenced at deployment time. This allows our users to name projects with .rar, .sar, and other suffixes while allowing us to package and deploy them appropriately. So, if you have a ‘.’ in the name, the name of the project will be taken as the name of the archive. If you don’t include a ‘.’, a ‘.jar’ will be appended. Hope that clears it up a little.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: web application deployment

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in