facebook

Web Project Dependency

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

marceloleite
    Participant

Hello there…

I have a WebProject that depends of a JavaProject at development time. But at production time all classes present on that JavaProject are packaged under a jar that goes on JBoss lib folder.

As default, all classes of JavaProject are copied to WebProject/WEB-INF/classes folder when I deploy it to JBoss. I’d like to avoid it. Is that possible through specific configuration?

Thanks in advance.
    Marcelo

#485116 Reply

support-swapna

Marcelo,

The Merged deployment of modules option, which is enabled by default, merges classes and resources contained in EJB and Utility projects into the WEB-INF/classes folder when deployed in Exploded mode.

If you do not want to merge the deployment of modules then you can turn it off at project level.You can also configure merged deployment setting at module level.

Please check this tutorial for MyEclipse Deployment Assembly for detailed instructions (Section 7) : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/basics/myeclipse-deployment-assembly/

Hope this helps. Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#485125 Reply

marceloleite
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Looks like my MyEclipse version is old (I use MyEclipse 10) and Deployment Assembly is a little bit limited. I can not see the options presented in the suggested tutorial.

I guess I have to upgrade my IDE first, then try the tutorial above.

Best Regards!

Marcelo.

#485127 Reply

support-swapna

Marcelo,

Versions earlier than MyEclipse 2014 are no longer fully supported. It is recommended to update to MyEclipse 2016, which is based on Eclipse Mars. The latest releases have lots of new features and several enhancements when compared to MyEclipse 10.x.

You can download the MyEclipse 2016 installer from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/
    Install MyEclipse 2016 to a different location alongside your existing MyEclipse 10.x installation and use your current license.

You can import the projects created in MyEclipse 10.x to MyEclipse 2016. The migration wizard appears automatically for projects requiring migration, but migration is not forced.

Please go through this FAQ for more details about Project Migration in MyEclipse ;

Project Migration FAQ

Please check this tutorial for the important changes in MyEclipse 2013 onwards :

MyEclipse: Changes Starting in 2013

The MyEclipse Learning Center is updated with tutorials for the recent versions of MyEclipse :

MyEclipse Learning Center

Hope this helps. Let us know if you see any issues upgrading to MyEclipse 2016. We will be glad to get you started with MyEclipse 2016.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#485132 Reply

marceloleite
    Participant

Hi there,

Many thanks! Our team will plan the upgrade in near future.

Marcelo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Web Project Dependency

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in