facebook

Webclipse Update Reverts to DevStyle to Default Eclipse Icons

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

eclipseuser10000
    Participant

Hey Genuitec,

I’m having an issue where the latest update of Webclipse is breaking the DevStyle theme icons.

It’s looking pretty ugly, and DevStyle is all about the look! 😛 Any assistance would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

EclipseUser100000

#595424 Reply

support-swapna

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Seeing regular Eclipse icons with DevStyle is a serious issue.
    We are looking into it.

Can you please give us some more details to help us investigate further?

1. Please share with us a screenshot of the problem to help us get a visual.
    2. Did you encounter any errors during update? Please share with us the log file located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log to help us check for any failures during the update.
    3. Can you please switch to a new workspace and check if the icons are still a problem?
    4. Please share with us the Eclipse Version and Build details from Help > About Eclipse window along with your OS and version details.
    5. Also let us know which theme is selected here : Window > Preferences > DevStyle > Color Themes.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#595427 Reply

eclipseuser10000
    Participant

Hey Swapna,

Please find all of the details you requested attached below.

My current OS is: macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

I have managed to recover from the issue by reverting my Eclipse.app to a snapshot earlier in the day before the update was released.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #595429 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thank you for sending in those screenshots and the log file. From the log, it would seem like the installation was corrupt somewhat after the update, showing the older theme plugin being used instead of the latest version.

Odd glitches can sometimes take place during updates where a plugin may not download correctly, or the configuration data is not correctly updated. My recommendation would be to simply try to update again, I trust it will stick this time around.

Glad you’re enjoying the themes, do let us know if you still experience issues.

#595470 Reply

eclipseuser10000
    Participant

Hey Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me, I have rolled back the update at least three times now and attempted to reinstall the update. I have also tried this on two different networks and the issue is still appearing.

Thanks for looking into it.

Please find the current log file attached:

Kind Regards,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Webclipse Update Reverts to DevStyle to Default Eclipse Icons

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in