facebook

Webeclipse hanging in type script editor

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jerry
    Participant

I’ve been using the angular IDE for a project and love it. Unfortunately however, starting this afternoon, eclipse starting hanging and by closing other projects I’ve isolated it to this angular project. The typescript editor hangs and locks up eclipse. All I can do is scroll windows the rest of eclipse is inactive. How do I fix this?

#544691 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Jerry,

1) Can you go to Window > Preferences > Webclipse and tell us the version and the Build Id?
    2) Did anything else change in your environment? Did you update Angular IDE? Or did you update libraries in your angular project? Anything you can think of?
    3) I’m assuming the problem is with all TypeScript files in you project, not just one?
    4) If you keep the progress view open when you reproduce the problem, what jobs do you see? At this time, could you also use jstack to get us a thread dump? See here if you need help, though you can certainly provide this info later too.
    5) If you close this Angular project and create a new one, and edit some TypeScript files in there, do you see the problem there too?

Let’s hope we can get you back on your feet ASAP, glad you love the product!

#544741 Reply

Jerry
    Participant

Here is build information:

Version 2017 CI9, Build 1.9.0.201711281859

This is a project that I’ve been working on for a couple months,smallish size, 27 ts files last count.

I tried removing the project from eclipse, running a clean which deleted dist, npm cache and node modules, but I’m seeing the problem. I can reproduce the problem by adding a rxjs catch in this one file, then boom eclipse locks up (see attached png).

I don’t see anything in the progress console.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #544745 Reply

Jerry
    Participant

I’ve been using that update for about two weeks (it was an auto update).

I can edit other files fine. Just tried to add the catch operator and again it locked up in the same way so it’s specific to this file and might have something to do with what the editor does in autocomplete?? I’ll attach the file as well.

#544746 Reply

Jerry
    Participant

Attaching the file again …

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #544764 Reply

Jerry
    Participant

This is getting worse. I can’t use my other projects either. I’ve looked at a couple stacks and one thing that I see in common is this thread. Maybe it’s causing the hang??

com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.text.HoverControlCreator.doCreateInformationControl

“main” #1 prio=6 os_prio=0 tid=0x000000000237f000 nid=0x3a7c runnable [0x000000000012d000]
    java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COM.VtblCall(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.IDispatch.Invoke(IDispatch.java:64)
    at org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.OleAutomation.invoke(OleAutomation.java:572)
    at org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.OleAutomation.setProperty(OleAutomation.java:715)
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.IE.create(IE.java:1086)
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.<init>(Browser.java:99)
    at org.eclipse.jface.internal.text.html.BrowserInformationControl.isAvailable(BrowserInformationControl.java:87)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.text.HoverControlCreator.doCreateInformationControl(HoverControlCreator.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractReusableInformationControlCreator.createInformationControl(AbstractReusableInformationControlCreator.java:43)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractInformationControlManager.getInformationControl(AbstractInformationControlManager.java:831)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractInformationControlManager.internalShowInformationControl(AbstractInformationControlManager.java:1181)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractInformationControlManager.presentInformation(AbstractInformationControlManager.java:1163)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractInformationControlManager.setInformation(AbstractInformationControlManager.java:428)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.AdditionalInfoController.computeInformation(AdditionalInfoController.java:550)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractInformationControlManager.doShowInformation(AbstractInformationControlManager.java:1144)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractInformationControlManager.showInformation(AbstractInformationControlManager.java:1134)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.AdditionalInfoController.showInformation(AdditionalInfoController.java:536)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.AdditionalInfoController$1.showInformation(AdditionalInfoController.java:483)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.AdditionalInfoController$Timer$7.run(AdditionalInfoController.java:367)
    – locked <0x000000008da02420> (a org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.AdditionalInfoController$1)

#544765 Reply

Jerry
    Participant

Ah! I had IE open in a javascript debug session l and this was causing the lockup. It was stopped on a breakpoint since yesterday afternoon (I had forgotten about it). Once I shutdown IE, eclipse was freed!

🙂

#544766 Reply

Jerry
    Participant

Hopefully your team will fix this issue. Autocomplete causing the IDE to hang in pretty much any project. That’s a big issue. Having IE open in a debug session, that’s going to happen and it’s baffling. I was on the verge of uninstalling Angular IDE.

Best, Jerry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Webeclipse hanging in type script editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in