facebook

WebService will not deploy correctly

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mork
    Participant

When I try to deploy a JAX WS WebService in MyE, I get the following error stack below. If you don’t see what’s wrong, is it possible to send you the project folder? When I go into SOAP explorer, I get 404 errors though it does find the two exposed methods I have in class annotated by @WebService with its two @WebMethod(s).

ALSO, I noticed that since I added the project to Git, the project does not appear in the directory listing in the Workspaces folder. Is that normal for eGIT?

Jan 22, 2019 2:13:33 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
    SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class [com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener]
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1343)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClass(DefaultInstanceManager.java:540)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClassMaybePrivileged(DefaultInstanceManager.java:521)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.newInstance(DefaultInstanceManager.java:150)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4585)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5131)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:713)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:690)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:695)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1133)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDirectory.run(HostConfig.java:1868)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:514)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.InlineExecutorService.execute(InlineExecutorService.java:75)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:118)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:1045)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:429)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1577)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:309)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:123)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setStateInternal(LifecycleBase.java:424)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setState(LifecycleBase.java:367)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:934)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.startInternal(StandardHost.java:831)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1382)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1372)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.InlineExecutorService.execute(InlineExecutorService.java:75)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:140)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:907)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal(StandardEngine.java:262)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal(StandardService.java:423)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.startInternal(StandardServer.java:933)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:637)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:350)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:492)
    Jan 22, 2019 2:13:33 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
    SEVERE: Skipped installing application listeners due to previous error(s)
    Jan 22, 2019 2:13:33 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
    SEVERE: One or more listeners failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file
    Jan 22, 2019 2:13:33 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
    SEVERE: Context [/WebServiceJAXWS] startup failed due to previous errors
    WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
    WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase (file:/Users/Mork/Library/apache-tomcat-9.0.14/lib/catalina.jar) to field java.io.ObjectStreamClass$Caches.localDescs
    WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase
    WARNING: Use –illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
    WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
    Jan 22, 2019 2:13:33 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
    INFO: Deployment of web application directory [/Users/Mork/Library/apache-tomcat-9.0.14/webapps/WebServiceJAXWS] has finished in [891] ms
    INFO: Deploying web application directory [/Users/Mork/Library/apache-tomcat-9.0.14/webapps/ROOT]
    Jan 22, 2019 2:13:33 PM org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner scanJars
    INFO: At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
    INFO: Deployment of web application directory [/Users/Mork/Library/apache-tomcat-9.0.14/webapps/ROOT] has finished in [36] ms
    INFO: Deploying web application directory [/Users/Mork/Library/apache-tomcat-9.0.14/webapps/host-manager]
    Jan 22, 2019 2:13:33 PM org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner scanJars
    INFO: At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
    INFO: Deployment of web application directory [/Users/Mork/Library/apache-tomcat-9.0.14/webapps/host-manager] has finished in [44] ms
    Jan 22, 2019 2:13:33 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
    INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler [“http-nio-8080”]
    Jan 22, 2019 2:13:33 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
    INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler [“ajp-nio-8009”]
    Jan 22, 2019 2:13:33 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
    INFO: Server startup in [2,031] milliseconds

#607337 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Mork,

A git project will be in the git repository, not in the workspace folder, though the project is still known to the workspace.

Regarding the error, it looks like you’re missing a runtime library. Right click on the project and then go to Build Path>Configure Build Path, click on the Libraries tab and click Add Library; then select MyEclipse Server Library, click Next and then select the appropriate library. If a suitable library is not available, you may need to add jar files by hand.

If this doesn’t solve it, then, yes, please zip up the project and attach it to a private message to me or send it to support@genuitec.com . Also mention the Tomcat server version you’re deploying to.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by support-tony.
    #607346 Reply

support-swapna

Mork,

As Tony mentioned, the project is missing JAX-WS related jars. You will see this problem when deploying to external Tomcat servers. The embedded Tomcat server includes JAX-WS jars and so the deployment works fine on it.

Here are the steps to add the JAX-WS jars to your project : https://www.genuitec.com/docs/web-services/adding-jax-ws-libraries-build-path/

Once done, double click on the JAX-WS entry and check the ‘JAX-WS Implementation’ to include those jars as well and redeploy the project. Attached is the screenshot for your reference. This will also fix your concern with the Calculator example

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #607349 Reply

Mork
    Participant

The calculator example worked OK once I added the JARs. However, when I then added the project to Git and tried to deploy again, there was no longer a “Run as MyEclipse Server Application” option, only Java application.

I do have a Tomcat run configuration so there seems to be some type of Git/other issue I’m missing.

The MyEclipse >CalculatorWebServiceExample now says [repository develop]

How to fix this problem?

THanks,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #607746 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Mork,

You’ve raised several issues that have been addressed in various forum topics and in a ticket. I just wanted to make sure that all of those issues are now resolved. If not, could you let us know what is still causing problems for you?

[Apologies for the apparently duplicate notification you may have received, please ignore the previous one.]

#607759 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Thanks for your excellent follow up!

Yes, all issues are resolved and I’m loving MyEclipse! It had been 10 years since I used it last and it took me a bit of time to get back up to speed with it.

I sincerely appreciate the incredible support you and others (Swapna, for example) have given me. Truly the sign of a great company and product.

Thanks again!

#607828 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Hi Mork,

Thanks for getting back to us and thank you for your kind comments. It’s a pleasure being able to support you, and other customers. It’s nice to get feedback like this as so few customers even let us know that the problem is fixed!

We’ll close any currently open forum topics of yours but you can always raise more – we’ll be waiting!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: WebService will not deploy correctly

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in