facebook

Where did the Font Properties go?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

drfoster54

I’m unconvinced that this can be attributed entirely to Eclipse 3.3.0. I’ve been running Eclipse 3.3.0 on my SuSE Linux box since the introduction of MyEclipse 6.0.0. I did NOT see this font problem with that combination. I’ve only seen this issue since upgrading to MyEclipse to 6.0.1. That tells me it’s something MyEclipse is doing.

Also, although I see this problem with JSEclipse, I also see it editing simple text files (Linux shell scripts, Windows batch files, …) and XML files. This isn’t an issue just with JSEclipse. I find it most ANNOYING with JSEclipse as I spent a great deal of time editing JavaScript with it. I’ve gotten in the habit of shutting down Eclipse with a JavaScript file open so that the next time I start it, it starts with a JavaScript file with a fixed pitch font. Problem is if I then have to edit an XML file or shell script that I have to open it and go through the font fixup process described in an earlier post.

#278854 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys Nipun and I worked together and confirmed the problem. We will file this ASAP and see if we can get it fixed.

We are really sorry about this, thanks for hanging in there.

#278936 Reply

drfoster54

Thanks for the response. I’ll look forward to the fix.

#278952 Reply

THEN

Hi, I have the same problem with MyEclipse 6.0.1 on Windows XP.
    It seems that several editors based on the standard text editor work incorrectly (SQL editor, ANT editor, the text editor itself,…)

A solution would be great (without having to reset the font each time I start a MyEclipse workbench)

#278962 Reply

Riyad Kalla

THEN, as soon as I find out anything from the devs I’ll let you know.

#279261 Reply

Robert Burns

This message has not been recovered.

#279757 Reply

I’m seeing this as well. It seems the problem is only with non-core plugin editors (I see it in JSEclipse, the JSP, XML, HTML editors, but never in the Java editor, or system text editor. I also see it in a text editor plugin I wrote myself. I can correct the problem on a per session basis by going to window->preferences->General->preferences->fonts and colors and changing the “Basic Text font” to some other font, apply that change, then change it back to the default font (courier), and all the affected editors then correctly use the right font. This is a real pain – I’ve seen the problem on Vista and XP. The only common ground I can see is MyEclipse.

#280318 Reply

#280353 Reply

dalh@umn.edu

#280363 Reply

Ton Huisman

#281140 Reply

Justin

Hello Riyad or to whomever it may concern. I just wanted to see if I could please get an update on the progress that has been made with this bug, thanks. I have been holding back from upgrading to version 6 for some time now until this has been addressed.

Can we anticipate a fix in the next patch release by chance? [6.0.x]?

Many regards.

#281235 Reply

lylo

Hi

I’d like to ask the same question. No problems with Eclipse 3.3 but as soon as I install MyEclipse I’m seeing this (really annoying!) problem. And update from the developers would be really appreciated.

#281919 Reply

lylo

Any word on this?

#281931 Reply

Loyal Water

Guys,
    This issue has already been file for the dev team but the fix would only come out in the next MyEclipse release (MyEclipse 6.5).

#281933 Reply

lylo

@support-nipun wrote:

Guys,
    This issue has already been file for the dev team but the fix would only come out in the next MyEclipse release (MyEclipse 6.5).

Great.

When will this be released?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
Reply To: Where did the Font Properties go?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in