facebook

White background in GUI elements with eclipse photon with dark gray theme

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

alef75
    Participant

I’m running eclipse on a UBUNTU 16.04

I’m using devstyle plugin and it’s wonderful darkest dark theme in my eclipse oxygen installation, and I found that it works very well.

Today I’ve tried eclipse photon M6 with stock dark theme and all GUI elements are right.
    Then I’ve installed devstyle plugin in photon and configured it to use darkest dark theme, and I found some background colour issues.
    Many GUI elements are rendered with white colour:
    text boxes, tables, ecc.

see attached screen shoot

I know that eclipse photon is still under development but I hope this could be helpful to fix problems in advance. because I’d love to use devstyle in photon as it will be available.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #575104 Reply

support-swapna

alef75,

Thank you trying Darkest Dark in Photon and sending us the screenshots. I could not replicate the problems with Darkest Dark theme + Photon (M6) on Windows.

We will test the theme on Ubuntu and get back to you soon about our findings.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Thank you once again for reporting.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#575108 Reply

alef75
    Participant

Thank you for the prompt reply

I can confirm you that on windows 10 the problem is not present, I had tried some day ago on my home laptop.

In my office Ubuntu machine with both 16.04 and 18.04.b1 (virtual machine) has the described problem with photon.M6.

#576357 Reply

Brian Fernandes

alef,

Apologies for the delayed response – we were able to reproduce the problem on Ubuntu and Photon.

One note is that if you switch to the Adwaita OS theme, it does seem to work much better, though we noticed some other issues with this theme, where icons were missing, not only in Eclipse, but in the OS too – could you try that and let us know if you have a different experience?

Of course, we are looking into the fixing the issues so that it would work with any theme – thank you for trying the theme on Photon and reporting the issue to us! We’ll let you know when a fix is available.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: White background in GUI elements with eclipse photon with dark gray theme

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in