facebook

[Workaround] Deploying to oc4j 10g (10.1.2.0.)

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

Jim we are going to need more information from you if you would like help with the problem, you haven’t given us anything to trouble shoot yet. Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#250600 Reply

mike.ring

@jimsong wrote:

I am doing a deploy packaged archive from my Enterprise Application project as suggested. It hangs at creating the war file.

The same web app deploys to Tomcat in seconds with no problem.

I had a similar problem when I was trying to deploy a very large web app. It would hang at creating the war file and give me a blank error message. I had to increase the memory for eclipse on startup. Check out:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-10087-highlight-increase+heap+memory.html
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-97-highlight-increase+heap+memory.html

#250715 Reply

skshaffer

@gooshy1 wrote:

Having followed the instructions on this thread for setting up oc4j I have encountered the following error when accessing the initial page of the app. I get the following error message in the console window:

06/02/22 16:05:10 Oracle Application Server Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.2.0.2) initialized
    06/02/22 16:05:49 Auto-unpacking C:\Servers\10g_extended1012\j2ee\home\application-autodeploy\anpr2.ear… done.
    06/02/22 16:05:51 Auto-unpacking C:\Servers\10g_extended1012\j2ee\home\application-autodeploy\anpr2\anpr.war… done.
    06/02/22 16:06:13 Auto-deploying anpr2 (Assembly had been updated)…
    06/02/22 16:06:13 Auto-deploying anpr (Assembly had been updated)…
    06/02/22 16:06:47 Error: null
    06/02/22 16:06:47 Errors parsing jar:file:/C:/Servers/10g_extended1012/j2ee/home/application-autodeploy/anpr2/anpr/WEB-INF/lib/standard.jar!/META-INF/fn.tld
    06/02/22 16:06:47 Errors parsing jar:file:/C:/Servers/10g_extended1012/j2ee/home/application-autodeploy/anpr2/anpr/WEB-INF/lib/standard.jar!/META-INF/permittedTaglibs.tld
    06/02/22 16:06:47 Errors parsing jar:file:/C:/Servers/10g_extended1012/j2ee/home/application-autodeploy/anpr2/anpr/WEB-INF/lib/standard.jar!/META-INF/scriptfree.tld

What operating system and version are you running? – Windows XP SP2
    What Eclipse version and build id are you using? – Version: 3.1.2
    – Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse? Yes
    – Are any other external plugins installed? – No
    – How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.* – 8 (i think; 4 directories and 4 jars)
    What MyEclipse version are you using? – 4.1.0 GA
    What JDK version are you using to run Eclipse? – 1.4.2_10
    What JDK version are you using to launch your application server? 1.4.2_10
    What application server are you using? OC4J 10.1.2.0.2
    Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? No.

Was there a solution to this problem above? I am currently running into the same exact problem. I would move to 10.1.3 because I know it works however for our customer I have to use 10.1.2.0.2. Just wondering if there has been any luck on this.

#250730 Reply

skshaffer

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to replace my standard.jar with the one provided in %ORACLE_HOME%/j2ee/home/jsp/lib/taglib directory. I didnt have any errors after that.

#250752 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thank you for following up for others.

#258895 Reply

lqtlyl

Did bradm or someone else finally figure out this, though this post is kinda old?

I am getting exactly same problem. I am using myeclipse 5.0 and oc4j 10.1.3.
    I tried everything here and none of them works. But if I move my project folder (for instance myWeb) from application-autodeploy folder to default-web-app folder, then everything works fine of course.

Any idea?

#258905 Reply

Riyad Kalla

lqtlyl,
    If it’s just the deployment location, you can use a custom location deployment instead of one specifically to the server and that will work around the issue I believe.

#261982 Reply

dshitzu1

I’m trying to create and deploy an .ear file to OC4J 10.1.2 from within MyEclipse 5.0.1. I can do this successfully when I deploy to OC4J 10.1.3 unfortunately there is no option that I can see to select OC4J 10.1.2 as a target server in MyEclipse so I’ve deployed to
    v. 10.1.3 and then moved everything over to v.10.1.2 (time consuming but educational….)

When I startup v.10.1.2 after deploying the app I get the following error message:
    “Error instantiating application at file <application path.ear>: Unknown assembly root-tag attribute: version” . I assume this a J2EE versioning issue but don’t know how to correct it.

I don’t have a build.xml file for this app and don’t want to have to create one – I like running everything from within MyEclipse but it looks like this is a deal-breaker.
    Anyone have any ideas. Our company won’t upgrade to OC4J 10.1.3 at this time, so that’s not an option.

Thanks!

#261983 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m trying to create and deploy an .ear file to OC4J 10.1.2 from within MyEclipse 5.0.1. I can do this successfully when I deploy to OC4J 10.1.3 unfortunately there is no option that I can see to select OC4J 10.1.2 as a target server in MyEclipse so I’ve deployed to
    v. 10.1.3 and then moved everything over to v.10.1.2 (time consuming but educational….)

MyEclipse does not make any specific requirements for app server version for deployments… are you sure you aren’t using WTP and not MyEclipse?

For example, did your deployment steps look similar to the ones outlined in our App Server guide here?
    http://myeclipseide.com/enterpriseworkbench/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.genuitec.myeclipse.doc/html/quickstarts/webprojects/index.html
    (Click on Section 7.1 to start for screenshots)

#267959 Reply

yuvrajw

@kinjalsonpal wrote:

After good amount of research on OC4J deployment, I’ve managed to achieve true hot deployment (for both, the web content and java content). Following is a step by step procedure. I’ve tested this on MEI 3.8.4 with OC4J 9.0.4 and 10.1.3. The standalone OC4J installation in both the cases was a fresh install on a Windows XP (SP1) m/c. Go through and follow contents of the ReadMe in the downloaded OC4J archive. Configure OC4J in MEI as described in the tutorial.

1) modify server.xml to achive following effect.

<application-server application-directory=”../applications”
    deployment-directory=”../application-deployments”
    connector-directory=”../connectors”
    application-auto-deploy-directory=”../application-autodeploy”
    check-for-updates=”true”
    >

2) Create a directory called application-autodeploy under $OC4J_HOME\j2ee\home.

3) Start OC4J using the server launcher. Create a J2EE Enterprise Application Project and a subproject (typically a webproject), if you already do not have one. OC4J recognises only .ear files for auto-deploy.

4) Click on the Deploy button to bring up deployment dialog. Choose the Enterprise Application’s project from the selection box, Click Add button, choose Oracle 9i/AS as target server, choose Packaged Archive and click Deploy.

5) Once the deployment is successful, on the OC4J console, there would be good number of informational messages regarding the deployment process. Test your newly deployed application. Now, shutdown OC4J.

6) While the server is down, again go to deployment dialog, choose the same project in the list of deployments below the project selection box. Click on Remove. Now repeat deployment with only one exception. Instead of choosing Packaged Deployment, choose Exploded Deployment option.

7) Start OC4J as usual, now it’ll have a fully hot deployable application.

I’ve observed that sometimes, changes are not HotSynched. This typically happens if MEI is restarted. If this happens, just do Exploded Deployment again. Btw, if you guys have a choice, use version 10.1.x. It comes with a pretty comprehensive admin console running on port 1810.

I’m sure the MEI team will be able to refine this further and correct it if required.

HTH.

Regards,
    Kinjal

Thanks Kinjal for providing this workaround. Unfortunately, after exploded archive deployment, Oc4j 10.1.3 does not seem to be finding any EJBs. I keep getting the following error (WARNING) on deploying the exploded archive:
    WARNING J2EE EJB-03001 EJB module contains no beans.

On running the app, I get NameNotFoundException for the EJBs. The same thing works well with packaged archive deployment. Any Ideas ?

#269567 Reply

tgullo

Kinjal,
    Thanks. It worked for me.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
Reply To: [Workaround] Deploying to oc4j 10g (10.1.2.0.)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in