facebook

[Workaround] XDoclet properties are not visible

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

nat101

@support-greg wrote:

In 4.0GA we have updated our XDoclet support to match XDoclet version 1.2.3 release. This update includes a refresh of the XDoclet configuration UI.

For those of use not downloading GA [yet], can you please describe the benefits of the new xdoclet/properties UI? Thanks.
    What I am lookin for is to have a “save as” feature and/or a default setting feature. I do not want to go thru setting all the xdoclet settings for each ejb project.
    TA
    -nat

#236082 Reply

Riyad Kalla

nat,
    The XDoclet functionality has not changed between 3.8.4 and 4.0, we simply updated the XDoclet libraries to fix quite a few bugs in the old versions, add Hibernate 3 support and also support generating code from Java 5 source files (however using generics in your XDoclet properties doesn’t currently work with this version of XDoclet).

#236094 Reply

Greg

Also, because we updated the xdoclet libraries, there are new configuration options that should be made available in the XDoclet configuration UI. So we have also updated the XDoclet UI to make all of these new configuration elements available.

#236147 Reply

nat101

Ok. Thanks for the info.
    -nat

#236256 Reply

Greg

Just following up with the original problem reported in this thread. We have recently tested 4.0GA on a window 2000 test machine and we did not see any problem with the properties list in the XDoclet configuration screen.

Are there any details about your environment that hasn’t been metioned that might help us determine the issue?

#237343 Reply

jayenho

my eclipse is 3.1 release version, os is win2k pro, j2ee1.4, ejb2.x, jre5.0.

#237347 Reply

Greg

We retested this with a fully up2date win2k pro with the latest JDK from Sun 1.5.0_04. Still, we can’t replicate the problem. But does the workaround as posted on the first page of this topic work for you? It seems to for other people that are having this problem. Sorry for the inconveinence.

#237879 Reply

This message has not been recovered.

#244936 Reply

leelainc

Buildfile: D:\Documents and Settings\Anand\My Documents\My Eclipse Workspace\j2eeEJB\.xdoclet-build.tmp.xml
    N65540:

BUILD FAILED
    java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: xjavadoc/ant/XJavadocTask (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

Total time: 1 second

I am getting this error wheni run the xdoclet to creat the EJB

#244937 Reply

Greg
    #265442 Reply

wenlinchang

Buildfile: C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Chang\workspace\CallCenterEJB\.xdoclet-build.tmp.xml
    N65540:

BUILD FAILED
    C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Chang\workspace\CallCenterEJB\.xdoclet-build.tmp.xml:38: 4.0.4.GA is not a legal value for this attribute

Total time: 2 seconds

I got this problem when I try to use xdoclet to create the EJB. Please help!

#265462 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Kevin,
    Notice that it’s complaining about the “4.0.4.GA” attribute you are using for some version attribute in your doclet? You need to check the XDoclet docs at: http://xdoclet.sf.net to see what valid values are, these versions aren’t just free-form, they actually effect how generation is performed.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
Reply To: [Workaround] XDoclet properties are not visible

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in