facebook

workspace chooser does not come up at startup since upgrade

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Robert Varga
    Participant

Hi,

since I upgraded to 6.5m1 (actually it was disable 6.0.1, install 6.5m1) the workspace chooser does not come up at startup as it did, instead Eclipse is started with an empty workspace (probably the default workspace in the Eclipse directory, as I don’t have anything in it).

Eclipse version is 3.3.2 GA.

Best regards,

Robert

#285103 Reply

Loyal Water

Robert,
    Can you go to Windows > Preferences > General > Startup and Shutdown and check “Prompt for workspace on startup”. Now does the prompt show up ?

#285143 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

@support-nipun wrote:

Robert,
    Can you go to Windows > Preferences > General > Startup and Shutdown and check “Prompt for workspace on startup”. Now does the prompt show up ?

Hi Nipun,

it was already checked before the upgrade (it was working perfectly before the upgrade, that is how I noticed it is not working anymore), it is still checked, and the prompt does NOT show up since the upgrade, that’s why I reported this as a bug.

I tried resetting, closing Eclipse, then starting up and setting it again, then closing Eclipse and starting it up again, but it still does NOT work with 6.5M1.

BR,

Robert

#285166 Reply

Loyal Water

Robert,
    I can see the issue that you pointed out. Thank you for bringing this up. I’ll file this right away.

#301591 Reply

mkropf

Hi, I have the same problem, MyEclipse 7.1.1, workspace chooser does not appear at startup, preferences/startup/prompt for workspace *is* checked. What’s the solution?

#301635 Reply

mkropf,
    Can you start MyEclipse using the -clean command and check if that works?
    Please refer to the following link
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

#301693 Reply

mkropf

did start with -clean, it came up asking for workspace (don’t ask again *not* checked) as expected
    exited, started without -clean again, doesn’t ask for workspace and silently enters default workspace
    (keeping -clean is no option for the long time with the startup time it imposes)

#301694 Reply

mkropf

tried, I think, any combination of clean, startup options, “ask again” check – all the same: I can only get into my project workspace either with clean or with switching workspace after startup, arrgh!
    I remember some time ago, Pulse prompted me to update, which I canceled – some side effect?

#301763 Reply

Loyal Water

keeping -clean is no option for the long time with the startup time it imposes

The -clean would increase the startup time by a few millisecond which should not be noticeable. It seems that your workspace has gone corrupt. The other option would be to switch to a new workspace, import your projects into this workspace and continue working. Does that resolve the issue?

#301775 Reply

mkropf

tried with new workspace – same problem. Looks like I’m going to live with until I do an upgrade…
    (maybe clean does not slowdown app startup, but what matters to me is the time passing until I can start work – several minutes more with clean)

#301810 Reply

Loyal Water

Could be a project of yours causing this issue. How many projects do you have in your workspace?

#301845 Reply

mkropf

around 10 projects, I keep most of them closed, the few ones I work with are around 20’000 files
    Meanwhile I found the startup mparameter -data <workspace> which helped me out (funny nobody mentioned that before)

#301874 Reply

Loyal Water

Glad to know you have the issue sorted out. Thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: workspace chooser does not come up at startup since upgrade

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in