facebook

xdoclet mergeDir bug

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

If I need to use the xdoclet mergeDir option for some reason (e.g. including servlet params and taglib for struts) the creation of web.xml, ejb-jar.xml, jboss.xml and all other files all end up with files in the completely wrong place. They end up immediatley under the src dirs that are by default configured in the xdoclet params and not in the WEB-INF or META-INF direcories. I have to fill the destDir params for xdoclet with the right values (e.g. src/META-INF or whatever is needed) for ALL doclets!!.

After this is done, everything compiles again, but with deployment, lots of files do not end up in the war/jar/ear. anymore e.g. the files in WEB-INF/lib.

Ronald

#197476 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Ronald,

I have to fill the destDir params for xdoclet with the right values (e.g. src/META-INF or whatever is needed) for ALL doclets!!.

You’re correct. The doclets are effectively all separate and each needs to be configured independently in order to ensure proper operation. We’ll be looking into providing some default behavior for them in a subsequent release as an enhancement.

After this is done, everything compiles again,

OK, so it’s a bit inconvenient for the one-time configuration, but once you get it done, it’s functional.

but with deployment, lots of files do not end up in the war/jar/ear. anymore e.g. the files in WEB-INF/lib.

On this part I need more clarification. Are you using exploded or archive deployment? Was the server running when you made your changes, or was it shut down? Which server are you using? If you use the deployment management dialog to redeploy the project, does that correct the deployment issues?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197489 Reply

Scott,

You’re correct. The doclets are effectively all separate and each needs to be configured independently in order to ensure proper operation. We’ll be looking into providing some default behavior for them in a subsequent release as an enhancement.

I do not mind setting all xdoclet destDir when neccesary, but as you say, I assumed they were al separate. However since setting the mergeDir on one of them (the deploymentdescriptor) All other (subtasks?) changed in behaviour as well, I was a little confused

On this part I need more clarification. Are you using exploded or archive deployment? Was the server running when you made your changes, or was it shut down? Which server are you using? If you use the deployment management dialog to redeploy the project, does that correct the deployment issues?

– JBoss 3.2.2RC1 on RH9 with Sun JDK1.4.2
    – MyEclipse 2.5.1 on Eclipse 2.1.1 with Sun JDK 1.4.2
    – Server running or stopped does not make a difference
    – Yes I used the deployment management dialog to redeploy the project but that did not solve the problem
    – project was/is deployed expanded

I then manually added the missing files to the deployed application and ‘touched’ the myApplication.ear file to have the server reload the application.

I’ll try to create a small example which deploys fully and ok if there is no merge dir in one of the xdoclets so you can see the changed behaviour after setting one of the mergeDir properties.

Ronald
    MyEclipse User

#197496 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Ronald,

I’ll try to create a small example which deploys fully and ok if there is no merge dir in one of the xdoclets so you can see the changed behaviour after setting one of the mergeDir properties.

This would be great. An example would help us track down the issue and get it corrected as rapidly as possible. We really hate to hear about any issues with the deployer.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: xdoclet mergeDir bug

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in