facebook

xdoclet support for Generics

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

csargent
    Participant

I see several old posts related to support for JDK1.5 Generic types in xdoclet but no actuall resolution. One post suggested replacing the 1.1 jar file with the 1.5 version — and some users reported success with that (https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/problem-in-xdoclet-generation-when-using-java-1-5-generics/)

However — it seems that the way you package xdoclet has changed since then. Is there really no solution to this still?

#321131 Reply

support-swapna

csargent ,

I have escalated it to a dev team member. They will get back to you.

#321301 Reply

Brian Fernandes

csargent,

Sorry for the delayed response; the thread you referenced has not been in play since 2005. We already include the version of XDoclet referenced in that thread (which appears to be the latest official release from them) – while this does not choke on generics in the source Java classes, it does not produce generics in the generated code.

We’ve located a JAR that supports the generation of generics as well, but I have no idea how reliable this is; I could give you instructions on how to use that JAR, if this is what you need?

#321305 Reply

csargent
    Participant

@Support-Brian wrote:

csargent,

Sorry for the delayed response; the thread you referenced has not been in play since 2005. We already include the version of XDoclet referenced in that thread (which appears to be the latest official release from them) – while this does not choke on generics in the source Java classes, it does not produce generics in the generated code.

We’ve located a JAR that supports the generation of generics as well, but I have no idea how reliable this is; I could give you instructions on how to use that JAR, if this is what you need?

That would be great thanks. We are moving away from xdoclet but the jar you mention would ease the transition. Please do send me how to get and install it. Thanks.

#321340 Reply

Brian Fernandes

csargent,

I’ve attached a zip with two binary plugins. These plugins have the updated xjavadoc-1.5.jar file in their JDK5 folder.

To use, follow these steps when MyEclipse is not running.

1) Locate your Common folder which contains all your plugins. If you need help locating this folder, take a quick look at this FAQ: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/installation-where-are-the-myeclipse-files-and-folders/

2) In Common/plugins you will find either or both of the files below (I’m assuming you are using 9.1 or 10.0)
    com.genuitec.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.core_9.0.0.me201012090051.jar (used by 9.1)
    com.genuitec.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.core_9.0.0.me201108091322.jar (used by 10.0)
    Make a backup of these files so you can reset if required.

3) Replace these files with the files from the attached ZIP (note that you need to be logged in to see the attachments)
    This should make sure the new xdoclet JAR is used and you should be able to generate generics.

For some background information, we’ve used the updated JAR from here:
    http://network.tikalk.com/release/repository/lunatech/xjavadoc/1.5/xjavadoc-1.5.jar
    I found this while reading the following article, the JAR in the above repo is the same as the JAR linked to in the article, just differently named.
    http://www.lunatech-research.com/archives/2005/12/05/support-generics-xdoclet-1213-anyone

General note to everyone: This solution will only work while MyEclipse continues to use these same plugins for XDoclet support (notice how 9 and 10 use different files) – if a future version of MyEclipse uses another version of this plugin, this fix will no longer work. Please let us know if you still need the fix then.

Hope this helps, please let me know how it goes.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: xdoclet support for Generics

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in