facebook

XFire advanced capabilities

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

David

Hi,

OK, I take it all back, I finally have web services in MyEclipse. I was (pleasantly) surprised to see you decided to use the XFire SOAP stack; I’d been wondering if you were going to try and wrap yourselves around the different container’s SAAJ implementations or end up using Axis.

Now I’d like to know about some of the more advanced features provided by XFire, such as WS-Security and JSR 181 annotations. It doesn’t seem like the wizard exposes them in any way. Of course, since you’ve shipped all the jars, I’m guessing if I want, for instance, to put the annotations in the code, and change the xml files to use JSR181HandlerMapping and friends, it will work, but it would be nice to be able to define a service as “annotated” in the wizard and have all that done automatically. Likewise, it would be nice to be able to secure a web service with a few steps in a configuration wizard (a la WSE 3.0 in the .NET world).

I know nothing is as simple as it sounds, but since XFire already provides these featrures, I’d hope they could be integrated without too much trouble.

Dave

#254749 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Dave,

Good points. What you said above is exactly what we want to do – expose XFire WS features through our wizards.
    5.0M2 introduced Web Services with XFire for the first time and as this is our first cut, we want to keep it simple. 5.0GA will not see too many changes in these wizards as it’s not too far away and we don’t have the time, but we’re sure to put in a lot of them post GA.

We will keep your suggestions in mind.

Thanks and regards,
    Brian.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: XFire advanced capabilities

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in