facebook

xFire?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mork
    Participant

Why did you choose xFire to integrate with MyEclipse 5?

While I really like the idea that MyEclipse has support for creating Web Services (something that was really missing), the only real documentation I can find on xFire is on the CodeHaus site.

Will you be publishing tutorials on how to use xFire for a Web Service beyond “hello world”? I’m also assuming xFire works fine in Tomcat or in JBOSS.

I’m suprised you didn’t use Apache Axis, which has lots of books and tutorials already published.

I look forward to your reply since I’m most likely “behind the curve” on these products.

Thanks very much in advance!!!

— M

#258162 Reply

Roel De Nijs

in this thread you find a small explanation why xFire and not Axis

support-rkalla: Yes, we are working to provide a jax-ws implementation that will support code-first (aka bottom-up) and interface-first (aka top-down) development scenarios. The implementation will be based on XFire which has a very active community around it and endorsed by some big players as opposed to Axis2.

#258170 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Thanks.

I really like xFire now that I played with it a bit.

The only problem is that I can’t figure out how to deploy the completed xFire Webapp to a Linux server. It works fine locally, but the Linux Web server doesn’t have the traditional Tomcat “Webapps” folder. This difference is just enough to make things difficult.

The xFire integration within MyEclipse is terrific.

While there may be some things I’d want to do in xFire that would take some “R&D” (<g>), the thing I really like about it is that it obeys the “80/20” rule. That is, I’m sure that 80% of the time it will do what I want with minimal effort.

So, based on my initial efforts with xFire, I’m very happy you chose it.

Nice job!!!

— M

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: xFire?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in