facebook

Zulu Platform x64 Architecture high RAM Usage

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Alejandro Arzate
    Participant

When I start myeclipse in the task manager part of the Windows system, the Zulu task appears and it begins to grow in ram memory until it reaches 90%, the ram memory practically runs out and it no longer allows me to use another application.

My computer has 32 GB of ram.

And without making any movement in my project, the memory begins to rise

How can you prevent this from happening?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #698928 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Alejandro,

Sorry to hear you’re running into this. Unfortunately, it is difficult to debug issues of this nature, and the most efficient way to fix this would actually be to start MyEclipse with a fresh workspace, and then import your projects into the new workspace one/few at a time to see if any one of them was particularly problematic. We can then investigate that project in more detail.

Can you answer the following questions please:
    1) What version of MyEclipse is this?
    2) Do you see the workspace prompt allowing you to select a workspace, or does this happen before the prompt / without a workspace even showing up.
    Note To force a new workspace, you could try to rename your existing workspace folder and then start MyEclipse (which will result in a new workspace being created) or you can edit the myeclipse.ini file and add a switch like -data c:/path/to/new/workspace to it (before the -vmargs switch in the ini file) to point it to that location on startup.
    3) Was this instance of MyEclipse working fine for you and then suddenly refused to start, or is this a fresh install?
    4) Did you add any additional plugins to MyEclipse or make any changes to the IDE?

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Zulu Platform x64 Architecture high RAM Usage

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in