Microsoft’s Windows Security has been making Eclipse and MyEclipse startup very slow, but Windows allows you to add exclusions for trusted applications and bypass the scan for a faster startup. This is how you Stop Slow Eclipse and MyEclipse Startups on Windows 10.Thanks to Windows Defender the CPU usage increases from 15-20 percent.
As you can see on the next screenshots, the idle Windows Defender CPU usage is barely noticeable; however, when opening Eclipse or MyEclipse, it suddenly starts using a lot of resources, making the startup slow for most users.
The good thing is that Windows Security allows adding exclusions to certain processes that we trust, so we can exclude Eclipse and MyEclipse and bypass the scan.
Here is a list of steps to add exclusions to Windows Security, it is a really simple process that shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to do it and will save us a lot of time in the future.
- Open Windows Settings, either by right-clicking the Start Icon on the taskbar and selecting Settings or by typing Settings on the Start Menu.
- From Windows Settings, select Updates & Security.
- On the left sidebar, select Windows Security.
- From Windows Security, under Protection areas select Virus & threat protection.
- Inside Virus & threat protections settings, select Manage settings.
- On Virus & threat protection settings, scroll down until you see Exclusions and select Add or Remove exclusions.
- Select Add an exclusion then select Process.
- For Eclipse, enter eclipse.exe as the process name and click Add.
For MyEclipse, enter myeclipse.exe as the process name and click Add.
- Select Yes when Windows asks for permission to apply these changes.
Both exclusions to eclipse.exe and myeclipse.exe being active.
This will fix the long loading times when starting Eclipse or MyEclipse, this will decrease the CPU load when opening those processes and make a faster and better experience for us. I hope this mini guide helps you improve your experience with Eclipse/MyEclipse.
For further support on this or any other MyEclipse issues, please use our forums to assist you.