JSjet was introduced in version 2016 CI 3 of Webclipse and MyEclipse.
What is a Linter?
Example of linting with JSHint
Some benefits of using a linter include:
- Instant notification of mistakes without running the application
- Save time
- Safer code
- Stay focused on the hard part of coding
- Better coding flow
- Obvious highlighting in code
- Standard coding style across teams
Complete the following steps to enable a linter:
- Select the linter you want to use.
- Click Enable.
- If you use configuration files instead of the default configuration, select Use config files and accept the default location or specify a custom location. (Note: This option is not available for Lint.)
If you are using JSHint, you have the option to edit the configuration from JSjet.
- Click OK to save your changes.