facebook

Account log in on PC

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Hi

I have installed your excellent code mix 3 / angular IDE on my PC having been running it on my mac.

I get the unlock dialogue appearing, click log in, enter the same user name and password that I used to get into the support forum etc
    on the mac but it doesn’t recognise one or the other.

Could you check into it for me?

Cheers

Richard

#611480 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Richard,

Thank you for the compliment, we’re glad you like CodeMix!

Since you were a previous Webclipse user, your renewal has given you a key based license, so logging in would not work. Use Help > CodeMix > Update License and then choose Enter key to enter the key and code you received when you renewed your account. The options might be slightly different based on your current state, please see our licensing documentation for detailed notes.

If you have trouble locating your key, please let me know I will have it sent again.

#611754 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Brian

Thanks for that – all good.

I have another one for you. As of a day or so ago all my projects show an error – as in red cross on the root folder of the project in the explorer list. It appears to refer to an empty folder in the Javascript Resources folder that has the same name as the project.

The projects compile and run ok so its not an urgent problem but I am curious to know why and if it can be fixed?

Cheers

Richard

#611759 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Richard,

Glad that fixed it.

So there’s an error mark on an empty folder that’s within the JavaScript Resources folder? That’s usually reflective of errors elsewhere in your project, so you should be seeing errors on some JavaScript files too.

If you look at the Problems view or the Markers view, what is the actual error that’s reported against this folder?

#611761 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Brian

Found them – they are all the same:

Detected pipeline tasks in tasks.json, however, the tasks are not valid. Check required extensions are installed and tasks are correctly configured. tasks.json /Pendulum/.vscode line 1 CodeMix External Task

Cheers

Richard

#611762 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Richard,

Good, so now we know where the error is coming from. Please send us any one of those tasks.json files so we can examine it locally.

#611763 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Brian

Easier to copy and paste as it’s a small file:

{
    “version”: “2.0.0”,
    “tasks”: [
    {
    “type”: “typescript”,
    “tsconfig”: “${workspaceFolder}/tsconfig.json”,
    “problemMatcher”: [
    “$tsc”
    ],
    “codemix”: {
    “lifecycle”: “build”,
    “validatedExtensions”: [
    “ts”
    ],
    “readyChecks”: [
    “node_modules_ready”
    ]
    }
    },
    {
    “type”: “typescript”,
    “tsconfig”: “${workspaceFolder}/tsconfig.json”,
    “option”: “watch”,
    “problemMatcher”: [
    “$tsc-watch”
    ],
    “codemix”: {
    “lifecycle”: “watch”,
    “validatedExtensions”: [
    “ts”
    ],
    “readyChecks”: [
    “node_modules_ready”
    ]
    }
    }
    ]
    }

#611768 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Richard,

The file itself is fine, but I will say that the the opening an closing quotes that you pasted above were the Mac specific opening and closing quote characters. Now I’m not sure if this is a side-effect of how you pasted the file or our forum software, or if those characters are actually in-use in the file. To be clear, the opening and closing quotes should be, ", but you have & respectively.

Are you noticing these errors on Windows or macOS or both?

Finally, I will say that we are seeing errors of this nature intermittently, and there could be a bug at our end. We’ll take a closer look at this right now and keep you posted.

Thank you for the quick replies!

#611769 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Brian

That was from my Mac. The file actually starts and ends with curly braces.

The javascript folder that contains this file isn’t there at all on the PC.

In case it helps I haven’t worked on 3 of the 4 projects affected for months but the error appeared a couple of days ago on all of them
    – could have coincided with me installing the latest update but couldn’t swear to that.

As to the replies I was just about to say the same to you!

Cheers

Richard

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Account log in on PC

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in