facebook

An internal error occurred during: \"Updating DevStyle…\" when starting Neon

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

charles-wahlin
    Participant

Hi
    After an update and restart of my Neon Eclipse I fail to startup my workspace.
    When I start eclipse Neon splash is shown and the Launch workspace dialogue is shown.
    I launch my workspace and loading splash is shown and disappears and nothing else happens.
    In workspace .log file I can see that internal error has occurred when updating DevStyle.
    How can I make my Eclipse start again?
    Best regards
    Charles Wahlin

Extract from attached .log

!SESSION 2019-09-19 14:33:31.249 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=4.6.3.M20170301-0400
    java.version=1.8.0_131
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.cpp.product
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.cpp.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2019-09-19 14:33:37.543
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Updating DevStyle…”.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created yet.
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.getWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:93)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.evergreen.internal.EvergreenUpdateProcess.addShutdownRunnable(EvergreenUpdateProcess.java:72)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.evergreen.internal.EvergreenUpdateProcess.run(EvergreenUpdateProcess.java:271)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

#625291 Reply

charles-wahlin
    Participant

Sorry I forgot to attach the workspace .log file.
    BR
    Charles Wahlin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #625299 Reply

support-swapna

Charles,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the log.

1. Can you please share with us the bundles.info file which is located in your Eclipse Neon installation folder at this path : configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator\bundles.info
    2. Please also share with us the listings of the plugins directory to help us check for the plugins. You can list it with terminal/cmd and create txt file and attach it here.
    3. Please try starting Eclipse with -clean, switch to a new workspace and check if the workspace loads, to rule out your current workspace corruption.
    You can add the -clean to the eclipse.ini file as first line or you can just simply create a shortcut to your eclipse.exe and add -clean at the end of “Target” in shortcut properties.
    4. If possible, please take a backup of your workspace folder, then delete the workbench.xmi file located in the
    workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi and try launching the workspace again.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#625305 Reply

charles-wahlin
    Participant

Hi
    Tnx for quick response.
    Those are the answera on your questions:

1. I have attached the bundles.info file
    2. I have attached the plugin_content.txt
    3. Starting with >eclipse.exe -clean from cmd console had no effect. I atttached .log file
    4. removing the workbench.xmi file had no effect either.

Attachments:
    #625314 Reply

Hi Charles!

It seems like the recent update put your installation in a broken state. Here are steps that should help you getting back to valid state:

1. Shut down your Eclipse.
    2. Delete all com.genuitec.eclipse* plug-ins from your plugins directory.
    3. Start Eclipse again with -clean switch.
    4. If Eclipse starts fine, please go to Help -> About -> Installation Details -> Installed Software tab, select DevStyle feature and press Uninstall button to uninstall it.
    5. Restart your Eclipse and try to install DevStyle again from i.e. Marketplace (Darkest Dark Theme with DevStyle) or by using update site – https://www.genuitec.com/updates/devstyle/ci/

Please let us know if that helped.

With best regards
    Bartek

#625317 Reply

charles-wahlin
    Participant

Hi again

I followed your instructions with removing the genuitec files from plugin directory.
    Unfortunately this didn’t help. I could still not start my Neon eclipse in clean mode.
    What noticed though is of course that I don’t have any DevStyle errors any longer since the plugin is not loaded.
    Errors that are left is visible in . log file which I have attached in this post.

Do you have any further suggestions or do I need to start all over again an reinstall all my plugins?

BR
    Charles

Attachments:
    #625326 Reply

Hello again,

As you removed all of the suggested plug-ins (which means that a DevStyle is not a root cause here) and you are still facing some troubles then I am afraid that the best option for you will be just to re-install everything from scratch.

With best regards
    Bartek

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: An internal error occurred during: \"Updating DevStyle…\" when starting Neon

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in